× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Loop / message: You are no longer connected to your router

Vriendelijk
Guide

Loop / message: You are no longer connected to your router

If I'm logged in to DumaOS, after a few minutes I get the message below:

You are no longer connected to your router. If your router is rebooting then keep this page open as it will automatically reconnect to the router's interface when the reboot is complete. Otherwise please check your connection e.g. you are connected to the correct router

This morning I've already had the message more than 15 times while i'm just working. So I have already cleared my browse history and cache 15 times.

After this message I can't do anything and I have to clear my browser/cache again and again. Also my history with connection benchmarks are gone after loggin in again. Very anoying. 

Is there anything I can do to prevent this so I only have to log in once a day and it doesn't throw me in the loop afterwards.

I have a XR500 router and use firmware XR500 V2.3.2.134.

Thank in advance.

Vriendelijk_0-1665051416895.png

Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Loop / message: You are no longer connected to your router

Yes do the hard reset as mentioned on that page and then see if that error disappears

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 17

All Replies
Vriendelijk
Guide

Message 2 of 17
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Do you know if the router is actually rebooting when you see this? Or does it just display the message?

What browser are you using specifically?

How are you connected to your XR? Via wired or wireless?

Message 3 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

@Netduma-Liam 

1) Don't know if the router is rebooting at the same time. How can I check this? For sure I know that I have still internet connection when the message pop up. So maybe it's only the message. The problem after the message is that I have to clear cache / browser history every time.

2) I'm using Google Chrome most of the time.

3) My connection is wired and wireless. Most of the time wired but when I'm gaming PS5 at the same time I switch to wireless.

Message 4 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you still have internet then it won't be rebooting, are you accessing the interface via routerlogin.net by any chance? If so access instead using 192.168.1.1 does it still happen then?
Message 5 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser 

I'm always use routerlogin.net to accessing the interface. 92.168.1.1 will work also but feels very slow. For example: i can't do an connection test because of this message: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.

Don't know if it's a related problem to my bug but i thought it would be usefull to give the information

Message 6 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Use the IP instead and then clear browser cache/cookies. Which page are you seeing that on specifically? Did you factory reset when you upgraded to the latest version?
Message 7 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

@Netduma-Fraser 

I will use the IP adress from now on. Also clear cache/cookies again.

The error message did i get on the CONNECTION TEST page. The message pop up after i press RUN TEST and I waited for at least 1 minute. See also image below. Other problem is that everytime my history of tests are gone.

Did you advise me to do a factory reset like on this page?: https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000129962-how-to-factory-reset-your-dumaos-...

Vriendelijk_0-1665070739927.png

Message 8 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes do the hard reset as mentioned on that page and then see if that error disappears
Message 9 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try using MS Edge to set up the router and test this message in a different browser as well. The loop message should disappear after the router is rebooted and is back to ready. 

Message 10 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

I have done the hard reset. After that I have to do the begin setup again. So everything is like factory settings. Lot of work but no problem.

After 10 minutes of working the message came back again. So what is the next step? Can i sent a log file or something so if you can see if there is something wrong?

Message 11 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

I tested it in MS Edge and Firefox but the error will stay. After hard reset I had the hope it will fixed, but unfortunatly it doesn't 😞

Message 12 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Did you clear out the browser cache after you reset then setup from scratch? 

Might try a re-load of the FW file on the router, reset the router and walk the setup wizard. After you get to the home screen, set the default DHCP IP address range to .1.100 to 1.200. Apply and reboot the router. Use MS Edge for this. Then try the Connection Benchmark again

Message 13 of 17
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you try it on a different device entirely and see if the same thing happens please?
Message 14 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

Im gonna test it with an Macbook Air and Safari

Message 15 of 17
Vriendelijk
Guide

Thanks for helping! The hard reset fixed a lot and I don't have the problem anymore in Google Chrome.

Message 16 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7