× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Modem/router setup

Kianmd
Tutor

Modem/router setup

Hi I have set up my NETGEAR dm200 modem and set it to modem only mode and it is saying there is no internet connection. When I plug my xr500 into the LAN port it is still saying it is unable to connect to the internet. Please any help would be appreciated
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Modem/router setup

Power OFF both modem and XR router. Besure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. Power ON the modem and let it sync. Then power ON the XR router. Have a wired PC connected to the XR router and using a web browser, walk thru the setup wizard for the XR router. 

@Kianmd wrote:
Hi I have set up my NETGEAR dm200 modem and set it to modem only mode and it is saying there is no internet connection. When I plug my xr500 into the LAN port it is still saying it is unable to connect to the internet. Please any help would be appreciated

Message 2 of 6
Kianmd
Tutor

Hi, thanks for the help I will try this process again following as you have said and will get back to you on whether this works. When looking through the forums it seems other people have had the same problem as myself and they seemed to have no success in fixing it but I will try this.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I haven't had any issues with my XR router, however I use cable modem. The DM is a DSL modem. 

Let us know how it goes...

Message 4 of 6
Kianmd
Tutor

Hi I have just been reminded about this thread and I followed your explanation and it worked! Thank you! I don’t know what I must’ve done wrong the first time but it now works fine.
Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Good to hear. Mark your thread as solved so others will know for future reference. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Kianmd wrote:
Hi I have just been reminded about this thread and I followed your explanation and it worked! Thank you! I don’t know what I must’ve done wrong the first time but it now works fine.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7