× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk C7000 Upload Speed Problem on Xbox One X

Co2Outbr3ak
Aspirant

Nighthawk C7000 Upload Speed Problem on Xbox One X

So I'm at my ends here. For some reason, my Xbox One X's (2) can't seem to hold an upload speed when using this device. Both devices are hardwired to the modem, as well as a hardwired PC. The PC has no issues with upload or download speeds (~230mbps down/20mbps up), and my Xbox One X's get about the same.....however, my problem comes in that the upload speeds keep fluctuating badly, so bad in fact that we can't even use 2 Xboxes on the same network without atrocious lag. It spikes continually back and forth between 26mbps and 1mbps, over and over between each speed test on the xboxes. PC keeps a consistent 20mbps upload no problem. Wireless devices are ok. It's ONLY my Xboxes doing this, both wired AND wireless.

I've tried power cycling. Factory resets of ALL devices. Unplugging other devices (so it's solo). Threw Static IP's on both consoles and forwarded all Xbox Live ports. Threw my Xbox One X into the DMZ. ISP has checked every line and splitter from the device to the drop line outside with no reported issues. They even replaced all the lines just to exclude them as culprits. ISP tried removing and re-adding and configuring my modem into their systems. All channel signals and power are well within specs. I just don't get it. It started happening after a storm, but no power outage or any other issues. Download speeds are unscathed but for some reason these consoles absolutely cannot play together without having a huge problem holding a steady upload speed.

Right now, I'm waiting on them to bring their modem Friday to test and see if something happened with mine. I wouldn't think something small enough happened on the upload side of things and nothing else, but I honestly can't think of what else the problem could be....

Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk C7000 Upload Speed Problem on Xbox One X

If everything but the xbox's hit the speed requirement, I'd be inclined to believe it isn't the modem/router device. A quick search on google showed many people with slow upload speeds on xbox one x's. I'd try posting on that forum to see if anyone has idea's/settings changes on the xbox or what can be done to help. 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Please post here in the Cable modem forum for your model modem:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Cable-Modems-Routers/bd-p/home-cable-modems-routers

Thank you. 

Message 3 of 5
Co2Outbr3ak
Aspirant

That's the thing tho. It's been fine with these systems for well over a year....I mean, I'd doubt a problem with the systems is doing it, but I could probably post on Xbox forums and see if they have any ideas as well. Like I said, it happened suddenly and hasn't fixed since (about a month or so).
Model: C7000|Nighthawk - AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

The c7000v2 firmware is all ISP controlled and rarely updated for this fact. the xbox firmware/software comes from microsoft and is going to receive many more updates and changes. If its worked fine in the past, these updates/changes to the xbox are more likely to be causing the issue. Again, I'd look to those forums for settings changes to the xbox that could be causing this issue. 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7