× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk xr700, DumaOS not loaded yet

MoonToast
Aspirant

Nighthawk xr700, DumaOS not loaded yet

Hello, i have recently gotten this message since last Friday and i have tried rolling back the firmware and the other solutions for the XR500 and none have worked for this.

I can not set up a wifi signal, when i do it shows the DumaOS not loaded yet page.

Please could someone help me, as i need this working
Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Nighthawk xr700, DumaOS not loaded yet

First try clearing the browser cache/cookies, then try accessing using the Microsoft Edge browser, if it still doesn't work a reboot should fix it.
Message 2 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

Hello, i have tried what you suggested and i have the same results. I have tried rolling the firmware back and that also didn't work.
I have tried multiple different browsers same results.

I have tried everything on the forums for similar issues of other devices and they too have not worked.

This seems to be a recurring problem for the xr routers.

What do you suggest i do?
Message 3 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re-install the firmware using the TFTP method then factory reset after it's finished the upgrade (so 2 minutes after completion) then see if it works, may be the upgrade was corrupted.
https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP
Message 4 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

Hello, so i jave dont the TFTP flash. Started the setup and for some reason it has remembered our settings from before so i did a manual settings reset via routerlogin.net/adv_index.html

I then tried to set up the nighthawk as usual and i cleared my browser data/ cookies etc and reebooted and it says the same thing.

Message 5 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is a guide at the bottom on how to turn on TFTP, follow that then go through the guide again https://www.howtogeek.com/250228/what-windows-10s-optional-features-do-and-how-to-turn-them-on-or-of...
Message 6 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

Hello, i am no idiot and i read that and did turn on the tftp client through programs and features yesterday then retried and these are the results that i explained yesterday.

Do you have a different solution?
Message 7 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Can you provide a screenshot of what is happening when you're trying to use TFTP? TFTP would be the best option in this scenario
Message 8 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

I do not have a screenshot at this moment but it said in cmd, that the transfer was successful and the lights on the router all looked correct, comparing to what the instructions given in the tftp instructions.

I will re run it and then can give you screenshots etc, if it still helps
Message 9 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay so it sounds like it worked then, did you wait 2 minutes for it to upgrade and then try to access the interface via the normal URL?
Message 10 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

I did wait, and tried to login via 192.168.1.1 and netgearlogin.net. both come up with the setup and i set them up as normal. But it ends up in the same result.

Just before the page that says dumaOS is not loaded yet, it shows the page picture i have attached which also seems wrong to me.
If i highlight over it says "www.netgear.com refused to connect"
Not sure if that helps you.
Message 11 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Just click the next button at the bottom, does the interface work/appear properly then?
Message 12 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

The page that comes up after that is the dumaOS has not loaded yet page.

Not sure where to go from here.
Message 13 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is it a blank white page saying it in the top left of the panel or somewhat loads with a red background?
Message 14 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

Just a blank white page, with it in the top left
Message 15 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Will it allow you to access 192.168.1.1/adv_index.htm ? If so factory reset it in Administration > Backup Settings > Erase then wait 2 minutes, access, go through the wizard and see if it loads after that
Message 16 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

I had tried that before creating this question in the forum, and for some reason it never actually erasers the settings as it comes up with the name i set for the wifi originally.

Message 17 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay you'll have to hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, then wait 2 minutes and try again
Message 18 of 48
user12a
Star

I had the same experience!
I recently upgraded my xr700 firmware to 1.0.1.38 and got the “DumaOS Not Loaded” message.  Also my 2.4/5 GHz WiFi were both out, no LED iights.  This is similar to what I encountered on my R9000 last year. What happened was that the firmware upgrade for unknown reason corrupted the nvram such that the overlay volume was dismounted.  Simple reset through the reset button or 30-30-30 reset will not fix the problem.   The only fix is to reset the nvram in the router command line through Telnet.  Have to downgrade to an earlier firmware version in order to enable telnet as telnet was not working in the corruption.  I was able to fix this on the xr700 quickly as it took me half a year to figure it out on the R9000.   Since I fixed it, I have not upgraded to the newer version, at least not yet, perhaps when Duma 3.0 next version is out.  Netgear firmware release is unreliable and no one from netgear was able to help on the R9000 when it broke.

Message 19 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@user12a well done for figuring that out, would you mind writing out your steps so others can fix it if needed?
Message 20 of 48
MoonToast
Aspirant

Hello,
A step by step guide to do this will be very appreciated if you can please 🙏

Thank you for all your help all of you.

Message 21 of 48
user12a
Star

Please see the R9000 procedure in the following link (message 8 of 10) that applies directly on the xr700.  They have identical HW.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/R9000-AD7200-x10-Firmware-Ver-1-0-5-24-kills...

The trick is really if you can telnet into the xr700.  The Telnet Enable line in the debug page http://routerlogin.net/debug.htm

was not there in ver 38, 36, 34 FW.  But luckily I found it in 1.0.1.20.

Downgrade your FW under Firmware Upgrade in   http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm  if Duma OS doesn’t take you there.  

Use your Windows command line to telnet into the Linux OS of the router.

The attached image showed the missing overlay_volume and the full overlay directory.  All fixed after clearing nvram and Duma OS properly loaded.

Good luck. 

Message 22 of 48
walhus
Aspirant

DumaOS not loaded yet!

Don't worry we will redirect you shortly.

I get this message every time I attempt to update my xr700 router.  I've tried a 30-30-30 reset dozens of times.  I've tried to install every image, including the beta releases. I've submitted this to Level 3 support at Netgear but they haven't replied to me after 5 days.  I've offered to send the router itself to Level 3. I purchased a Gearhead support contract.  Nothing seems to work.  I can get in to the router with routerlogin,net/adv_index.htm and it does support ethernet connections to the internet.  Wifi fails. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get past this impasse or get through to Level 3 at Netgear?

Message 23 of 48
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

All that should be needed is a reboot from the interface - wait 2 minutes before accessing/connecting and then try and see if it works.
Message 24 of 48
walhus
Aspirant

I've tried rebooting from the interface without success.  I've spent hours on the phone to gearhead support.  I'm now trying to TFTP all the images to the router.  I get internet access from it but no DumaOS and no wifi.  It's very frustrating.  And I don't like giving up.

Message 25 of 48
Discussion stats
  • 47 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 7 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7