× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Phillips HUE wont pair, similar issues reported but dont see a solution

Amocat
Follower

Phillips HUE wont pair, similar issues reported but dont see a solution

I have a hue bridge, now my 3rd with the same issue: The Hue app doesnt seem to have a satble connection to the hie bridge. The bridge must be connected via ethernet, and the app on that same routers wifi. When trying to connect the apop to the Hue a physical button must be pressed, but there is no response in the hue app. Ive gotten it to work shortly once, but then it promptly failed. After 3 hue devices im convinced it isnt the hardware. 

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: Phillips HUE wont pair, similar issues reported but dont see a solution

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

One way to test if the the XR500 is the cause of this issue would be to connect the bridge and app to a different router/your modem if it has Wi-Fi capability. Then see if you can get everything connected properly.

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

. When trying to connect the apop to the Hue a physical button must be pressed, but there is no response in the hue app. I

A button on the hue bridge must be pressed? 

My understanding of the Hue is that its creates its own wireless network from the hue bridge for the bulbs to connect to. 

What modem/gateway is the XR connected to? 

Message 3 of 4
BertAnsink
Guide

Sort off. It uses Zigbee protocol and forms a mesh, the hue lights can forward the signal for other bulbs as well.

I have used Hue bridge on both the XR500 and XR700 and never had an issue with it. I have the gen 2. bridge though, but if you have changed yours out a few times you probably also have generation 2. I have it plugged straight in the router, not through any switches and so on. 

I do give it a static IP reservation in the DHCP table since you can't set a static IP on it, at least not as far as I know.

If you know the IP of your hue bridge, type it in your browser and see if it's reachable. If that works, there is no reason your app can't communicate with it. You need the original Hue app to sync and set it up I believe. But if that has been done before you can also use a PC app like Huetro and see if it works over that.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7