× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding Isn't Working

Jewelthief
Aspirant

Port Forwarding Isn't Working

So I just recently switched from my old century link router to this new netgear router and I wanted to try and re-portfoward for some of my games. (note: on my old router, I port forwarded for my games and had everything running smootly so i dont think that there is a issue with anything like my firewall)

Just to start out to get the new router running I have been trying to port forward the port 25565 to run a minecraft server off of. But after trying, all connections outside of my pc fail connection. But if I switch back to my old router, it works fine. I have tried using https://www.canyouseeme.org/ to check and see if my ports are open. When I am using my old router and have the server running on my pc, the ports are open. But once I switch to my new router, it says that the ports are closed, even with the server running.

I am almost certain that I port forwarded correctly. I used the "add custom service" in the port forwarding section, gave it a name, i dont think that the name of it matters, made sure it was TCP, UDP like it should be, put in 25565 for the external and internal port ranges, and made sure that the internal ip is the one off of the pc that i am running the server off of. 

I also dont think its an issue with my public ip, it starts with 198.99. And like I said, it shouldnt be an issue with anyfire wall on my pc, it works when Im using the other router.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Jewelthief
Aspirant

Re: Port Forwarding Isn't Working (connexxion)

After a sugar fuel'd rampage I figured out that the model of nokia, the G-240w-E has port forwarding options you can access through it. When you go into there you need to set your internal client to whatever other router your using. in my case the netgear r7000. and make sure mapping is enabled. 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Jewelthief
Aspirant

Re: Port Forwarding Isn't Working

Almost forgot a important detail I think. The internet is being provided through a nokia wifi gateway 3. From what I know its just to get the internet from the street to the router. Im not sure if it would have anything to do with the port forwarding not working. Also, When I used my old router to get the port forwarding to work, That router was plugged in via ethernet. The new router, is not plugged in through ethernet. It is going through wifi to my pc. Im also not sure if that would make a difference but thought i should mension it.

Message 2 of 3
Jewelthief
Aspirant

Re: Port Forwarding Isn't Working (connexxion)

After a sugar fuel'd rampage I figured out that the model of nokia, the G-240w-E has port forwarding options you can access through it. When you go into there you need to set your internal client to whatever other router your using. in my case the netgear r7000. and make sure mapping is enabled. 

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7