× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyShare Storage - Some Folders Get Error "Location is not available" - Windows 10 - XR700

Nelinski
Aspirant

ReadyShare Storage - Some Folders Get Error "Location is not available" - Windows 10 - XR700

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction. I've tried setting up an NTFS drive with ReadyShare. For some reason, I can't access some folders/files but I can access others on Windows 10. If it doesn't work, I get the error:

"Location is not available

file location is not accessible. The specified server cannot perform the requested operation."

I've restarted my PC, I've tried on another Windows PC with the same issue, I've restarted the router, I've tried with ReadyShare having a password or no password. I've compared the permissions between a working and non-working folder and they match identically. I've tried resetting NTFS permissions.

If I access the drive via a browser (readyshare.router) I can access all folders fine. If I connect the drive direct to my Windows machine, I can access everything fine.

Any ideas as I'm at a dead end? This is with the XR700 V1.0.1.24.

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: ReadyShare Storage - Some Folders Get Error "Location is not available" - Windows 10 -

It may help to open a ticket with NG directly by signing in here while we try to help: http://support.netgear.com/

Could you provide a screenshot of the ReadyShare Storage page please.

Message 2 of 8
Nelinski
Aspirant

Re: ReadyShare Storage - Some Folders Get Error "Location is not available" - Windows 10 -

Hi Fraser,

This is the ReadyShare page (see attached).

Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It seems like you've enabled only admin to use it but haven't enabled Admin password protection for the network neighborhood, enable that and see if it works.
Message 4 of 8
Nelinski
Aspirant

Tried that already unfortunately. Also tried it with no passwords at all. Still the same issue.

Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

In your Windows 10 Advanced Sharing Options do you have file and printer sharing on? You will need that set first if you don't.
Message 6 of 8
Nelinski
Aspirant

Yup. That's enabled too. I've spoken with Netgear on the phone (just got off now) and they've taken some logs to look into it further. Guessing it's a weird issue nobody knows how to solve!

Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Great you managed to get through, do keep us updated on what happens and hopefully you'll come back with a solution!
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7