× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Torrent Downloader?

McFlyDK
Aspirant

Torrent Downloader?

Hi guys.

I've just purchased a XR700, and have connected an USB HDD to the USB 3.0 plug. I want to run a torrent downloading tool on the router, for downloading to the USB (like Transmission on other Netgear routers and Downloadmaster on ASUS routers).

Where do I find this option in the XR700 (DumaOS)?

Also: How do I customize the content on the Dashboard? (I accidently removed the WiFi window, and can find anywhere to restore it)

Thanks in advance.

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
schumaku
Guru

Re: Torrent Downloader?

@McFlyDK wrote:

I want to run a torrent downloading tool on the router, for downloading to the USB (like Transmission on other Netgear routers and Downloadmaster on ASUS routers). Where do I find this option in the XR700 (DumaOS)?

No such feature on the Netgear Pro Gaming routers I'm afraid.

@McFlyDK wrote:

Also: How do I customize the content on the Dashboard? (I accidently removed the WiFi window, and can find anywhere to restore it).

Start with the "Pin" icon .... FMI DumaOS Optimal Settings Guide: Dashboard, Network Monitor and Device Manager

Message 2 of 8
McFlyDK
Aspirant

Thanks very much for the quick reply!

Do you know of any "workaround" to use the router to download torrents to USB?

Model: XR700| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 3 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

I don't think it's possible unfortunately

Message 4 of 8
schumaku
Guru

No way to add-in or pack some popular BT builds (especially the "lighter" ones) as a DumaOS R-Apps @Netduma_Jack ? That woud be a real break-through ...

Message 5 of 8
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

That's a cool idea! Added it to our roadmap / list of ideas. Thanks for the suggestion

Message 6 of 8
schumaku
Guru

@Netduma_Jack wrote:

That's a cool idea! Added it to our roadmap / list of ideas. Thanks for the suggestion

Transmission or rtorrent should not be difficult ...Usually I get some NFR samples or beer 8-)

Think about a wrapper for including popular repos like Entware https://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv7/Packages.html ... 

Message 7 of 8
lextheimpaler
Aspirant

There is for the r9000

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7