× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 2.4Ghz Keeps Failing to Obtain IP Address

Tkbuc
Guide

XR1000 2.4Ghz Keeps Failing to Obtain IP Address

Man this is so frustrating.  Router was working great until a week ago when I try to connect new devices to my 2.4ghz channel, they can't and I get a "Failed to Obtain IP Address" for that channel.  My 5G is working perfectly fine, it's only my 2.4 that is giving me issues.  My 2.4 Guest Network is also working perfectly fine.   I called NetGear and the tech had me unplug the router for 30 secs and plug back in.  That fixed the issue temporarily but then the next day the issue started happening again.  The only changes I have been doing is going into the Device listing and cleaning it up and renaming unknown devices or blocking a device I don't recognize.  Not sure if that is causing the issue.  Has anyone else ran into this and what did they do to correct it?

Message 1 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 2.4Ghz Keeps Failing to Obtain IP Address

Are you using SmartConnect or have you disabled it to separate the two bands? Are you able to see the device you're trying to connect in Device Manager? If so, can you assign it a static IP in Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup and see if you're able to connect it then?

Message 2 of 5
Tkbuc
Guide

I am not using Smart Connect.  It is disabled.  Yes, I am able to see the device in Device Manager.   I don't know how to assign it a static IP.  If I did, and it connected, what would that mean?

Message 3 of 5
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

You can do it from Settings -> Setup -> LAN Setup.

If that works, it must be a DHCP issue as the error is suggesting. Give that a try and let us know how you get on.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7