× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR1000 Warzone Xbox servers

PapaLung
Apprentice

XR1000 Warzone Xbox servers

Hello, I'm new here so please forgive me if I don't explain this clearly enough, but, here goes. I have an Xbox series X that I'm trying to use in conjunction with this router. The geofilter shows a warzone server in Utah, which is great because it's located about 70 miles from me. I set my filter perimeter roughly at the northern Utah border and centered on it east to west with a radius of about 450 miles and a zero ping assist. I load the game, search for a match and it sits and searches FOREVER!!! The server shows on the ping heat map, it shows while I'm searching for a game, but, as previously stated, I cannot get a game in any mode. I've set my xboxs ip in the Lan settings, I've got upnp enabled, I've factory reset about 4 times today as per some articles I've read, I've completely backed out of the game, erased the console saved data and deleted the console from the filter list and the device Manger every time I change the geo filter settings. I've tried ipv4 and ipv6 and itt doesn't make a difference. The geofilter also shows me in San Jose CA area even though I've typed in my physical address and it moves the center of the search radius there, but, when I begin searching for a game or join an Xbox live party, it shows me in CA. I've contacted netgear about 5 times and am getting nowhere, could someone, anyone, PLEASE help me figure this out??!!! I'm beginning to suspect this geo filtering does not work on consoles as advertised. Oh, ps, no vpn either. Thanks in advance for any help!!!
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR1000 Warzone Xbox servers

The Geo-Filter doesn't show your location, that will be a server or a server that is misclassified as a peer that you are connected to

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Can you get into a game if you don't configure GeoFilter at all? 

Message 2 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Could you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page please? Are you referring to the in game region showing you in CA? If so that's nothing to do with the router, it's where your IP is indicating you are - likely it used to be an IP for that location. Also I've seen a lot of evidence to suggest that for some reason they are not currently using West Coast servers for some reason - you could confirm this by disabling the Geo-Filter and play 10 games for example, they'll all be East Coast.
Message 3 of 10
PapaLung
Apprentice

Firmware is the current version, Modem is a CM2050V Nighthawk. I can get into games with or without the geofilter activated, my issue is being able to access the server closest to me. Thank you for your response!!!
Message 4 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Understood, as Utah is on the West Coast and they seem to have stopped using West Coast servers you will be getting East Coast every time and that isn't something we can specifically help with. If/when they bring those servers back then we can help you force them. I'd suggest trying to force once a day, then if it doesn't work force the lowest ping server to you on the East Coast.
Message 5 of 10
PapaLung
Apprentice

I've attached a photo (don't mind the dusty screen 😬) and thank you for your help!!!
Message 6 of 10
PapaLung
Apprentice

I can get west coast servers no problem, it's being able to connect to the server closest to me that is my issue as well as the location the geofilter shows me being.
Message 7 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If you want to try that specific location then you'll need to remove the other polygons you have setup as you could get any servers within those areas at any time
Message 8 of 10
PapaLung
Apprentice

I've done that as I explained in my initial post, the picture I uploaded was in reference to my actual location and where the geofilter shows I am.
Message 9 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The Geo-Filter doesn't show your location, that will be a server or a server that is misclassified as a peer that you are connected to
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7