× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 Disconnects every 2 hours

Re: XR300 Disconnects every 2 hours

@DearGeo wrote:
I’m sorry you jumped in the middle of the conversation. Someone specified old ISP wires and I clear that. All wires to the house are new. So to your comment please read up so you can understand where my comment came from. The matter of the fact is that my router isn’t working the way it should be, like everyone else on here.

My first response was when I advised you to start a fresh conversation and to try a few things that were not clear form your messages.

Now that the Duma team has stepped in perhaps they will get to the bottom of your problem.

But you really do need to tell them what hardware you are using.

Your "footers" mention the RAX200 in a conversation about the XR300. Elsewhere you mention something that I take to be an Orbi. (Orbit  is new to me, although it may well be a different brand.)

Did you ever say what hardware, if there is anything like a modem or gateway, sits between your router and the Internet? All we know is that it isn't a DSL modem.

Message 51 of 58
DearGeo
Tutor

RAX 200 Nighthawk Tri-band AX12

With filmware Version V1.0.5.132_1.0.69
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 52 of 58
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Message 53 of 58

@DearGeo wrote:
RAX 200 Nighthawk Tri-band AX12

With filmware Version V1.0.5.132_1.0.69

As @Netduma-Fraser says, this is not the place to get help with that router. AX devices don't have the same fancy OS that come with the gaming routers.

If you do drop by there, you can help people to help you by providing the information suggested in this forum's header:

Subject (Include model number and brief summary)
Model (Recommended - Helps the community give the best answers)
Body (Include additional detail including model version, firmware, OS and environment where relevant.)

They are there for a good reason.

The "environment" bit includes the modem or whatever it is that delivers the Internet to you. A lot of issues come down to how routers and modems interact. So that is the first question people will ask when trying to drill down to the source of any problems.

There's no harm in mentioning your ISP either. Some have subtle settings that can baffle the unwary.

Manuals are also a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 54 of 58
DearGeo
Tutor

Already did, got no reply
Message 55 of 58

@DearGeo wrote:
Already did, got no reply

You are impatient. You had to wait all of 15 minutes.

There is now a reply from someone. @FURRYe38 knows the ropes.

They asked for information that I suggested that you include. You can get quicker if you provide proper details.

Remember, this community is essentially a user-to-user venue with some input from a small band of Netgear techies. (Not to mention the NetDuma wizards in this section.) The unpaid volunteers aren't sitting there ready waiting to pounce on every message as it arrives.

Message 56 of 58
DearGeo
Tutor

I’m sorry just annoyed and frustrated. Being going on too long.
Message 57 of 58
FURRYe38
Guru

Please continue to post in your thread over in the RAX forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/Drop-connection/td-p/2169171/jump-...

Thank you. 

@DearGeo wrote:
I’m sorry just annoyed and frustrated. Being going on too long.

Message 58 of 58
Discussion stats
  • 57 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7