× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Throughput

wvubrad
Aspirant

XR500 Throughput

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help me out there.  I'm looking to replace my NetDuma R1 with the netgear XR500 with dumaOS.  I'm looking for a technical specificaiton that is missing from every data sheet i can find.  What is the total throughput of this device?  NOT the wireless connection speed, NOT the ethernet port speed.  What is the total capacity throughput the backplane of this device is able to process in aggregate?  To make a crude example, suppose i have a 4Gbps internet connection and 4 hardwired PCs at 1Gbps a piece...What will be the maximum throughput of the device if i have all PCs max out their 1Gbps ports?  The throughput of this device is definitely less than 4Gbps, i'm guessing it's around 2Gbps.  I'm just trying to get a definitve number.  Chat support just kept regurgitating connection port speeds back to me.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Throughput

I understand, the XR500 will allow you to get your full speeds and it can absolutely handle QoS at Gigabit speeds as well!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Brad, forgive me if I'm missing the point entirely but really the limitation here would be the WAN port which is gigabit so you would never get more than 1gb regardless
Message 2 of 4
wvubrad
Aspirant

You're absolutely correct.  The netduma R1 has a maximum throughput of 500Mbps with it's feature set enabled, although it has 1Gbps ethernet ports.  My internet connection is a 1Gbps connection.  I want to make sure i'm not making the same mistake twice.

Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

I understand, the XR500 will allow you to get your full speeds and it can absolutely handle QoS at Gigabit speeds as well!
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7