× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 keeps giving my PS4 LAN Cable not connected

Omar12349
Aspirant

XR500 keeps giving my PS4 LAN Cable not connected

Keeps saying lan cable not connected at the exact time everyday someone told me it has something to do with the DHCP Lease or something but still nothing, I reserve the lan I reseted the whole router still nothing I believe it’s a glitch in my router that hasn’t been fix yet
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 keeps giving my PS4 LAN Cable not connected

It happens at the exact same time? Have you noticed any other devices disconnecting at that time? If you connect via WiFi does the disconnection still happen?
Message 2 of 8
Omar12349
Aspirant

Yea happens to all devices it’s really annoying
Message 3 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to Settings > Monitoring > Connection Status, does DHCP Lease obtained/expires show once a day?
Message 4 of 8
Omar12349
Aspirant

Yes it does
Message 5 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Go to Internet Setup and switch from Dynamic to Static and then apply, if you don't get a connection right away then reboot. See if it happens again after that.
Message 6 of 8
Omar12349
Aspirant

It stopped happening but also there’s another problem now my speeds went from 250 mbps to 60 on PS4 and won’t go above 60 mbps when I switch back to dynamic speeds go back to 250 mbps I thought having a expensive router wouldn’t have problems like this 😕
Message 7 of 8
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That doesn't really make any sense because the settings aren't any different in that scenario. Have you rebooted the PS4 since you made the change? If not do that and see what the speeds are. Are the speeds as expected on a wired PC test?
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7