× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xbox Series X not showing in Device manager

Junior86
Tutor

Xbox Series X not showing in Device manager

Hey team

I got a XR1000 with a AX6000 WiFi Range Extender connected.  I haven't enabled Fastlane on the extender and I've updated both to the latest firmware and factory reset both after.

My problem is my Xbox Series X no longer shows in the device manager or LAN setup on the router but it does shows on the extender.  So this means I can't take advantage of the Geofilter or Traffic prioritisation.  Any thoughts?

PS.  XR1000 doesn't show in the Model list when I submitted this so I choose XR700 instead

Model: XR700|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xbox Series X not showing in Device manager

What is the IP of the XR1000 - it should be 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 and what is the IP of the Xbox you're getting? Do you keep the Xbox in an instant on/standby state at all?
Message 2 of 9
Junior86
Tutor

Xbox IP is 192.168.1.15 and yes it's on standby.  Should it be on energy save?

Message 3 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Best to shut it down completely and then turn on and it should appear on the device manager
Message 4 of 9
Junior86
Tutor

Tried restarting the router, extender and the xbox

Message 5 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

If you turn OFF the Extender, does the xbox appear on the XR then? 

Message 6 of 9
Junior86
Tutor

It showed again after factory resetting the router and extender.  I think it disappeared after testing the Fastlane option on the extender.  Could there be a bug here?

Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The XR is handling the IPs for the devices and so can interact with them directly, sounds like the fastlane option bypassed this which is good - if you didn't want to use the Geo-Filter/QoS etc
Message 8 of 9
Junior86
Tutor

It’s a shame when I went back to basic it stopped recognising my Xbox for some reason. All good now
Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7