× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 not connect some devices to internet

gfsamoan
Guide

Xr500 not connect some devices to internet

For the last week 2 devices no longer get the internet, one that is connect to wifi says it is offline and the other is connected through a switch via an ethernet cable. Both an be found connected to the router but they for some reason do not connect to the intnert, I have 1 gig speed and my other devices work fine. I tried having thei internet company replae the cable go into my house, power cycles, and what not, nothing fixes the issue, also tried disabling QoS and no change.

Anyone can help?

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 39

Accepted Solutions
gfsamoan
Guide

Re: Xr500 not connect some devices to internet

Finally sloved. I called Netgear since my replacement router is uder warrenty and basically had to hardcode the primary and second DNS servers as the one provided was too congeteted. Now everything is back and running.

Greg

View solution in original post

Message 37 of 39

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey!

What types of devices are they exactly?

Are they appearing in device manager in DumaOS?

Message 2 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Yes it shows up in Dumas, One is a nest that i may have working again by doing numerous resest, connecting to my cellphone and then after setup of the nest when I disconnected the phone it connected to my wifi and had internet. Odd. The other is DirectTV box,might be the box, but I am more worried as my personal computer also couldn't connect to the internet but is working now. 

Is there anything I can check to prevent in the future?

Message 3 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Nest says it is offline again, 😞

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 4 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Make sure you don't apply any manual network settings on the devices themselves as that may have caused it. Also give them a reserved IP in LAN Settings which should help.
Message 5 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

I don't think there is any manual settings except port forward for my ps4, are you saying to port forward on these devices and give them a static IP?  Because they do show up in Dumas OS so they are connected to the router but not being supplied a connection. 

greg

Message 6 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Another update both devices show up on my dumas OS and it seems that the nest says it is connected but when I got to the app it is offline and directTV won't access internet even when i plug it into my modem directly so I think it is two different issues. 

Greg

Message 7 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

No, don't do any manual settings on the devices themselves, always do it from the router if you're going to do anything like this. For the Nest, give that a static/reserved IP in the router LAN Settings and then reboot the Nest and see if it connects correctly.
Message 8 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Gotcha, what is the proper way to try that? I didn't see an easy way to do that in Dumas.
Message 9 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Sorry I meant to add for a wifi device, is it still under lan setup

Message 10 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Figured out how to set an staic IP and it didn't fix it at all. Same issue. Does that mean it is the device?

Greg

Message 11 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it work when you connect it to the modem? What is your modem model?
Message 12 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

I can't connect the nest to the modem directly as it uses wifi, it works when i connect it to my phone's hotspot. All my other wifi devices work. I have a ARRIS SURFboard SB8200 for the modem.

Greg

Message 13 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Create a Guest WiFi network on the XR and then connect the Nest to it, does it work that way?
Message 14 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Created a guest network and it still says offline after connecting to the router and I can see the device on the guest network as well.

Greg

Message 15 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Have you been using Smart Connect? If so can you disable that and connect to the 2.4GHz please and see if it works.
Message 16 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

turned off smart connect and when I connect to the 2ghz network, there is no change, still offline

Message 17 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You said the issue has been happening for 2 weeks, is there anything that changed in your setup then, either you performed an update, moved devices, added devices etc anything you can think of?
Message 18 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Unless there was a recent firmware update, I haven;t done anything to my setup recently.

Message 19 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do you have another router that you could try to see if it works with them?
Message 20 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Tried it wirelessly with my hotspot and the nest worked but the DirectTV didn't work at all. They replaced the box for DirectTv and still nothing. He said for DirectTv it could be a software issue as their was a recent software update for DirectTv. But it gets alll the ip, dns and network info.. I am getting a new nest display sent but now not very confident it will fix it :(. 

Message 21 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you able to roll back the updates on the DirectTV? Okay well fingers crossed, do keep us updated on whether that works.
Message 22 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

Unfortunately no :(. There is no I'm roll back feature. I get a replacement nest next week. Hopefully it works as I think we tried everything with the router and I would hate to get another one.
Message 23 of 39
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yes unfortunately I can't think of anything else that would cause this behavior, sorry about that. Do let us know how you get on.

Saying that, in WAN Settings toggle IGMP Proxying, if that doesn't work switch NAT to Open.
Message 24 of 39
gfsamoan
Guide

No change will update if the replacement works or not.

Message 25 of 39
Discussion stats
  • 38 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7