× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

moderate Nat xr500

Fibtls18
Guide

moderate Nat xr500

moderate nat with xr500 and cod ww2 ive done everthing from resetting router and network settings to wireless and wired connections can not get an open nat on ww2. Something is fishy as ww2 tells me they tried to open port 3074 and failed, but on my router settings under upnp is says 3074 open.  any one else having these issues? 

daniel 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: moderate Nat xr500

Hi Daniel, if you put the console IP from Device Manager into Settings > WAN Setup > DMZ you will definitely have an open NAT. Yes CoD can give incorrect readings. If you have a device selected on the Geo-Filter set it to Spectating Mode until you get onto the game and ready to search for a match. Then switch back to Filtering Mode for when you're about to search for a game.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10

All Replies
Fibtls18
Guide

also i have read the posts about false readings while booting up the console and geo filter enabled. could this be the case? if so how do i disable the geo filter while booting up? sorry for the questions i have only had the router 2 days and still getting used to it.

daniel 

Message 2 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Hi Daniel, if you put the console IP from Device Manager into Settings > WAN Setup > DMZ you will definitely have an open NAT. Yes CoD can give incorrect readings. If you have a device selected on the Geo-Filter set it to Spectating Mode until you get onto the game and ready to search for a match. Then switch back to Filtering Mode for when you're about to search for a game.
Message 3 of 10
Fibtls18
Guide

That fixed the wireless console. thank you! now on to the wired, this one still says moderate even after clicking spectating mode. Any way to get around this moderate nat on a wired conection?

daniel 

Message 4 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Ah you didn't mention two consoles! Are both consoles open in their Network Settings? If not the Xbox allows you to choose a port it uses so make sure it uses a different one than the other. If they're both open in their network settings than it is just a false reading on the game. It doesn't actually mean you have a moderate NAT.
Message 5 of 10
Fibtls18
Guide

both consoles are ps4. The boys in wireless  has type 2 nat on console. He now has open on ww2 after putting it in DmZ.   My playstation is wired right next to the router, my console also has type 2 nat, but moderate on ww2 even after clicking spectating mode on geo filter. i am also leaning towards a false reading but just want to be sure. 

Message 6 of 10
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As long as they both have Type 2 on the console network settings thats great. CoD is notorious for NAT readings, you shouldn't have a bad experience at all.
Message 7 of 10
Fibtls18
Guide

Thanks for all the help! 

Message 8 of 10
XRaptor29
Luminary

I've also read that if you two consoles people have figured out to put Nat Filtering to Open Instead of secure when playing CoD.
Message 9 of 10
Icebergblue55
Aspirant

Switching over to spectating mode solved the issue with connecting with EA servers in the geo filter section
Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7