× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

netgear XR1000 is not getting full speed in benchmark

Mohammed1981
Tutor

netgear XR1000 is not getting full speed in benchmark

Hello, 

netgear XR1000 is not taking full speed internet from my modem, but when I do test speed on okla, it's shown that my speed is fine thru okla but not thru router benchmark

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: netgear XR1000 is not getting full speed in benchmark

Take the Nokia out of bridge mode and put the XR WAN IP (found on the System Information page) in its DMZ instead and remove PPPoE/VLAN from the XR then it will work better. I'd suggest having a look through our optimal settings guides to help you get setup further as well: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Mohammed1981
Tutor

Re: netgear RX1000 is not getting full speed in benchmark

this my speed thru Ookla

Message 2 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: netgear RX1000 is not getting full speed in benchmark

As long as you're getting the correct speeds on Ookla then the router won't be limiting you. For Benchmark it uses a different speed test site so it will depend what servers it's using for the test so sometimes it can be lower than you expect. We're working on improving that.
Message 3 of 6
Mohammed1981
Tutor

Hello and thanks for your reply

can you please walk thru with me and see if my setting are correct? cuz I'm not sure if I did it the right way

I can provide you some info about my setup:

ISP/ STC

internet /Fiber 1000↓/600↑ 

modem / nokia g-240w-c router in bridge mode for all port, so this router now is just passing the signal to netgear XR1000

In the router netgear XR1000, Internet Setup (Internet connection require loging"PPPoE" enabled for both Ipv4 & ipv6

also I had to enable Vlan tag

Message 4 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Take the Nokia out of bridge mode and put the XR WAN IP (found on the System Information page) in its DMZ instead and remove PPPoE/VLAN from the XR then it will work better. I'd suggest having a look through our optimal settings guides to help you get setup further as well: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 5 of 6
Mohammed1981
Tutor

thank you, I will try to do that and compare between them

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7