× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120 Firmware 1.0.1.128

Topology
Virtuoso

RAX120 Firmware 1.0.1.128

A firmware update (see here) is now available for the RAX120:

New Features and Enhancements

• Supports the ISP profile menu, which includes ISPs from Europe and Asia
  • Supports Orange France IPTV
  • Supports Singapore Singtel IPTV
  • Supports the time zone auto detection feature

Bug Fixes

• Improves the stability of NETGEAR Armor
  • Fixes the issue where the router is unable to access the USB device using the ReadyCLOUD portal
  • Fixes the issue where the Nighthawk app does not display devices in attached device list
  • Fixes some minor issues in the router web interface

Security Fixes

• Fixes security vulnerability issues

Note that, at present, the router does not automatically detect the availability of the update (ADANCED | Admnistration | Firmware Update), which must be manually downloaded and installed.

P.S.:  Kudos to perigee, who first noticed the availability of the update (see message 217 in this thread).

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 Firmware 1.0.1.128

Hi Topology,

Thanks for sharing for others to view! 

Christian 

Message 2 of 17
Topology
Virtuoso

FYI:  The RAX120 firmware 1.0.1.128 appears to be stable, with no issues observed to-date after one week of use.

Model: CM1200|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem, RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 17
Lurksalot
Apprentice

Hi Topology,

Assuming you performed a factory reset as well. Did you restore your settings manually or from a settings backup?

In some previous post others have suggested not restoring from a backup, otherwise it could reintroduce problems.

Please advise.

-Thanks.

Message 4 of 17
Topology
Virtuoso

Lurksalot, for the RAX firmware 1.0.1.128 upgrade, I simply downloaded the new firmware to my PC desktop, extracted the RAX120-V1.0.1.128.img file, and installed it using the "ADVANCED | Administration | Firmware Update | Locate and select the upgrade file on your hard disk" process.  At least in my case, a factory reset did not appear necessary.

Message 5 of 17
iKarel
Aspirant

Hello, 

does readycloud work for you? It does not work for me. 

Thanks

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 17
Lurksalot
Apprentice

After updating firmware last night ReadyCloud fix is not working, otherwise everything else is working smoothly.

This evening I plan to perform a factory reset to see if that helps.

Are others experiencing ReadyCloud fix after updating firmware and performing a factory reset?

-Thanks.

Message 7 of 17
avtella
Prodigy

I downloaded it on release day, no major issues since, then again I'm only using it as an AP for my pfSense router. One thing I did notice is that they've taken out the telnet option in the debug section which is really unfortunte, they've also added a new option to "Disable Channel Switching".

Message 8 of 17
Topology
Virtuoso

iKarel and Lurksalot, I am not using ReadyCLOUD, and thus have no information to share on that topic, unfortunately.

Message 9 of 17
Lurksalot
Apprentice

Performing a factory reset (pinhole method) after the firmware update resolves the ReadyCloud access issue with RAX120. I can access USB share from the web site.

Different issue : I can access the USB Share from my laptop in File Manager however it is not honoring the permissions or lack thereof, as I am prompted for credentials to access shared folders which I have set up with 'All - no password' for Read\Write Access. This worked as expected prior to this update.

-Thanks

Message 10 of 17
Robsee
Initiate

Hi all

Updated and running OK, but I am only using rax120 in AP mode at moment.... does anyone know what the isp profile menu does and if it supports UK Sky fibre now? (Option61)

I will try and check later just wondered if anyone had checked already....
Thanks
Message 11 of 17
Lurksalot
Apprentice

Sadly after a few days ReadyCloud access, via a browser and the mobile app (not that mobile app ever worked for that matter), no longer work(s).

Any suggestions?

-Thanks.

Message 12 of 17
ArunGupta
Apprentice

I just upgraded the firmware to 1.0.1.128 and ReadyCLOUD seems to be working for me via internet (http://readycloud.netgear.com/). Initially, it did not work. I reviewed all settings, unregistered the router, re-registered it, but it still did not work. It kept showing the RAX120 with older firmware version and kept throwing a long string of number in the error message after I tried to access the storage. So I just started reviewing all settings. I am very sure that I did not change any setting except turn off the media server. Then suddenly the ReadyCLOUD access from internet started to work. Now it is showing the correct firmware version. It is vey weird. Android app also works fine. I had to logout and log back in.

I used the web GUI to upgrade the firmware and did not do any factory reset. Router is running in AP mode.

Message 13 of 17
PigletRider
Apprentice

@ArunGupta wrote:

I just upgraded the firmware to 1.0.1.128 and ReadyCLOUD seems to be working for me via internet (http://readycloud.netgear.com/). Initially, it did not work. I reviewed all settings, unregistered the router, re-registered it, but it still did not work. It kept showing the RAX120 with older firmware version and kept throwing a long string of number in the error message after I tried to access the storage. So I just started reviewing all settings. I am very sure that I did not change any setting except turn off the media server. Then suddenly the ReadyCLOUD access from internet started to work. Now it is showing the correct firmware version. It is vey weird. Android app also works fine. I had to logout and log back in.

I used the web GUI to upgrade the firmware and did not do any factory reset. Router is running in AP mode.

Disabling "Media Server" worked for me as well.  ReadyCloud has NEVER been solid and completely stopped working (Web interface) on the .122 firmware.  Upgrading to .128 isn't going to automatically get it back.  Un-registering and re-registering didn't help.  I HAD to disable "Media Server."

Message 14 of 17

Microsoft managed to break ReadyCLOUD on PCs with one of its Windows updates.

Netgear updated the ReadyCLOUD to 1.20, which fixed it.

But, as you say, ReadyCLOUD isn't the most solid operation.

Message 15 of 17
Nmouneimne
Apprentice

Time Zone location will not stick. Anyone else?

Message 16 of 17
TerryPh
Virtuoso

Readycloud is not working for me with .128 version
Message 17 of 17
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 11 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7