× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 DUAL WAN

leardinet
Aspirant

RAX200 DUAL WAN

I have just purchased a RAX 200 with the hope of a Wan aggregation of two connections, one FWA managed by the RAX 200 router with PPPoe protocol and the other with HUAWEI 4G + cat7 modem. I entered the FWA on the Wan and on the Lan1 output of the 4G + Modem I went to the internet settings and enabled multigig internet but it gives me an error it does not work.

from what I have read it seems that the incoming Modems must be compatible with the LACP protocol. this thing seems absurd to me that a router that costs all this money cannot do it alone but I have to rely on external hardware.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX200 DUAL WAN

wan port aggregation isn't fail-over-dual wan control.

its designed for a single device connection to the router and through that to allow a consumer router to achieve speeds greater than 1 gig. 
if you're wanting dual wan capability then you need to move to a business class setup. 

Message 2 of 4
leardinet
Aspirant

simply switch to the competition Asus GT-AX11000 ROG Rapture has dual Wan function. both in backup and balancing mode
Message 3 of 4
leardinet
Aspirant

from what I understand it can not even manage the failover mode that if one line falls, the second is backed up.

So kindly explain to me to use the multigig wan what do I need? Upstream I have two PPPOE connections 100/10 and 30/5

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7