× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX200 Router resets at a specific time (midnight)

lewavesi
Tutor

RAX200 Router resets at a specific time (midnight)

NightHawk RAX200/Firmware: V1.0.5.132_1.0.69

Hi there,

For the past few months I've had an issue with my Nighthawk router resetting itself at exactly the same time each night (midnight), and I'm trying to find the issue. I have 4 devices connected via lan port, and other devices in the household connected via wifi.

Just seeing if anyone else has had similar issues, or what is the best way to access the device logs to get some clues as to what's happening prior to router being reset. Downtime is only 2 minutes, but still is annoying.

Cheers.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
lewavesi
Tutor

Re: RAX200 Router resets at a specific time (midnight)

Pleased to report that router has been up for over 24 hours, and so disabling send log by email solved my issue.

I can leave the issue around why accessing the logs triggered the router to reset, for another day.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
plemans
Guru

When did it start happening? 

Is this new or has it been going on since you got it?

What gateway is it connected to? 

Are you sure its rebooting and not just renewing the IP from the modem/gateway?

Message 2 of 8
lewavesi
Tutor

It has been happening for a couple of months, it's not too inconvenient because of the time it resets.

I will try and reset router to factory config and setup again.

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

You can try downgrading the firmware a version. Maybe its the version you're on. 

Message 4 of 8
lewavesi
Tutor

I think I may have traced down my issue.

I noticed another instance where the Router resets (or resets internet connection) - and this is where I try and access the logs (Advanced > Administration > Logs

When router resets and starts back up again - I can access the logs, but they have all been cleared.

I noticed that I had also previously setup Email alerts turned on (Advanced > Security > Email) and i had configured to send at ...... you guessed it... midnight.

So there must be an issue with accessing logs (maybe logs are getting too full .. inaccessible) and errors out when trying to access.

I've turned off email alerts - so hopefully this will stop those midnight resets.

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

good work! let us know how it goes

Message 6 of 8
lewavesi
Tutor

Pleased to report that router has been up for over 24 hours, and so disabling send log by email solved my issue.

I can leave the issue around why accessing the logs triggered the router to reset, for another day.

Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

glad to hear it!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7