× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX35v2 is not allowing Dropbox to sync

LanceBurbank
Aspirant

RAX35v2 is not allowing Dropbox to sync

I have an RAX35v2 router. Originally Dropbox worked fine with it, but now the router appears to be blocking Dropbox syncing. Sync works fine when I use another router so I'm ruling out the Mac OS or my security software. Also ... when I switch between my 2G and 5G networks sync will start working again (sometimes), only to stall again after the first sync.

I'm now thinking that the router is assuming Dropbox syncs are DoS attacks but I don't know how to fix this without disabling DoS protection entirely, which I don't want to do.

Looking for any help I can get because I'm get tired of bouncing between my 2G and 5G networks waiting for Dropbox sync to get unblocked.

Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RAX35v2 is not allowing Dropbox to sync

Seen odd things with Monterey. I'd contact Apple and let them know what your seeing betwee your two Macs. I've filed s few items against OSX 12 since beta started. They fixed most of them. One of them was Monterey would crash if I connected to my NAS via SMB. Another was scrolling with mouse in text exit would cause the app to hang. 

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 12

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Is Smart Connect, Beamforming and MIMO and WMM Enabled on the router? 

Message 2 of 12
LanceBurbank
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it.

Firmware = V1.0.4.100_2.0.64

Smart Connect = NOT enabled

Beamforming = Enabled (5g)

MIMO = NOT enabled

WMM = Enabled

Message 3 of 12
LanceBurbank
Aspirant

Sorry, forgot to respond re the modem. Unfortunately, I don't see any name/model info on it. It's just labeled Spectrum.

Taking a look on the Spectrum website, looks like a Spectrum D3.1 eMTA DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem.

Thanks again.

Message 4 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Same thing happens if Smart Connect is enabled? 

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Message 5 of 12
LanceBurbank
Aspirant

I'll have to try Smart Connect. 

Here's my modem info:

Taking a look on the Spectrum website because the modem is not identified except for a Spectrum label on the external case, looks like a Spectrum D3.1 eMTA DOCSIS 3.1 Advanced Voice Modem.

Message 6 of 12
nielsvds
Luminary

What is also very useful is looking in the logfile on your router to see what is going on  blocked): https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RAX35v2/RAX35v2_UM_EN.pdf (page 98 of this manual)

Message 7 of 12
nielsvds
Luminary

Spectrum is using Hitron for there cable modem/router : https://us.hitrontech.com/products/service-providers/e31n2v1-cable-modem-router/

Message 8 of 12
LanceBurbank
Aspirant

OK, I logged into my Spectrum account and discovered that I have a Motorola E31U2V1.

Also ... my very old Macbook Pro running OS Catalina actually syncs fine with Dropbox (using same network and router). So, maybe not the router after all. Having said that, my Macbook Pro running Monterey, the computer I'm having issues with, works fine when using my mother-in-law's router. So just really puzzled by all of this.

Message 9 of 12
FURRYe38
Guru

Seen odd things with Monterey. I'd contact Apple and let them know what your seeing betwee your two Macs. I've filed s few items against OSX 12 since beta started. They fixed most of them. One of them was Monterey would crash if I connected to my NAS via SMB. Another was scrolling with mouse in text exit would cause the app to hang. 

Message 10 of 12
LanceBurbank
Aspirant

So the issue seems to have resolved itself today. Or ... more likely, some application that had caused a conflict was updated. Who knows?

Message 11 of 12
LanceBurbank
Aspirant

Issue seems to be resolved. Beats me as to how. Guessing that some application that had caused a conflict was updated, but who knows. I spent hours and hours trying to troubleshoot this. Nothing worked. And now suddenly it's all good. 😌 

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7