× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX75 keeps disconnecting the 5GHZ after and before firmware 1.02.76

PhillipJ
Aspirant

RAX75 keeps disconnecting the 5GHZ after and before firmware 1.02.76

Went through tech to reconfigure and updated firmware 1.02.76 on 4-21-2020. I connect with the 5G and it disconnects every 2-3 hours and then comes back on itself. I have a Xfinity networks.. Before using this Router I had a mesh network that NEVER once drop my connection but it was a little slow but never had a drop connection. It is frustrating as talking ton Skype or WebEx meetings I drop call. The mesh network I had is over 3 yrs old and might go back using it. This is a terrible lack of quality. Anyone had problems. I was advise to change channels on the 5G by the tech.. I still am disconnecting. The 2G somehow also gets disconnected sometimes. Case #42600598

Message 1 of 5
PhillipJ
Aspirant

Re: RAX75 keeps disconnecting the 5GHZ after and before firmware 1.02.76

I cannot always do a reboot 2-3x a day... other routters I had.. there was never any need to do that

Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello PhillipJ,

May you try disabling AX mode. Has support been able to follow up on your case? 

Christian 

Message 3 of 5
PhillipJ
Aspirant

How do I do that? It is crazy

Message 4 of 5
PhillipJ
Aspirant

If I disable this feature then what is the point of paying so much to get this router?? Doesn't make sense.. will it make this router then unable to reach my 2nd floor or limited the distance it can reach?? Please advise.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7