× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to setup DDNS

hecdtec
Aspirant

Unable to setup DDNS

Trying to setup DDNS after choosing using the service, inserting hostname, email and password, check No I do not have an account and checking agreeing to the terms of service. I get a flicker and comes right back to the setup DDNS page with my same info.  I recieve no notification about an email and I don't recieve one either after hours.  I check the status and get the following errors from Netgear or No-IP.  I was using the Brave web browser but checked it on Chrome and Edge browsers with the same issue

Unable to complete the job, reason: Unable to reach the DDNS server, please check your Internet connection or try again later

It is a RAX35 AC3000 but was not a model I could choose above.  I have the latest firmware also.  Any help would be apreciated.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
hecdtec
Aspirant

Re: Unable to setup DDNS

Found two things that had to be changed in order to get this to work. 

1. I had to add the follwoing "-." to the NP-OP domain (ex. -.mydomain.noipdomian.suffix).

2. I had to remove the symbol from my NO-IP password making it only AlphaNumeric.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello hecdtec,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
hecdtec
Aspirant

Figured out I had an account already when I went to NO-IP site and attempted to create an account.  Set everything up but still can't get the Router to communicate with the NO-IP domain except when using the incorrect password or user accout. <scratch my head>  Their is something seriously wrong the the Netgear DDNS client within the router firmware I believe bc of the wierd way this has been reacting to updating the NO-IP ddns server.  I opened a ticket with NO-IP but if anyone know what is going on here I would appreciated.

Message 3 of 4
hecdtec
Aspirant

Found two things that had to be changed in order to get this to work. 

1. I had to add the follwoing "-." to the NP-OP domain (ex. -.mydomain.noipdomian.suffix).

2. I had to remove the symbol from my NO-IP password making it only AlphaNumeric.

Hope this helps someone else in the future.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7