× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ax12 rax120 apps only not syncing with servers

JohnD2d
Aspirant

ax12 rax120 apps only not syncing with servers

outlook app and vodafone app and others not syncing with their servers

they will work over 4g data but not wifi in this case im using samsunf galaxy a52s 5g and another android phone.

funny thing is i will receive emails over wifi through gmail app but not for outlook app

surfing and streaming on other devices is fine but theres a question mark on two android phones using wifi in the house.

Has anybody come across the strange business?

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: ax12 rax120 apps only not syncing with servers

1. you have the rax120. what firmware is on it? 

2. what modem/gateway is it connected to? 

3. are you using the isp's dns servers or custom ones?

4. is ipv6 enabled?

Message 2 of 6
JohnD2d
Aspirant

Hi

latest firmware installed for ax12 rax12o auto update then manual flash using latest firmware

connected wired to old d7000v2 in modem only mode works fine

dns set to primary 8888 secondary 8844 recommended by isp and netgear

ipv6 disabled

just apps problem on two android phones samsung

its a weird one.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

So you're using an old D7000 as modem? Is that correct? Or what modem are you using? 

And what actual version of firmware are you on? "the latest" isn't always, it changes, or the latest might not always be the best. Its why we ask. 

Why did you disable ipv6? Some newer services are defaulting to that from the start. 

did you try a different dns server than googles?

Message 4 of 6
JohnD2d
Aspirant

firmware version 1.2.3.28 latest

the D7000v2 is a router/modem. because the router has failed this device i have set it to dsl modem only mode, connected by ethernet cable to new router.

DNS primary 8888 secondary 8844 recommended by isp

the ipv6 was disabled by default when i set the router up, oh and the new router is factory reset yesterday still ipv6 disabled

Do i need ipv6 in parrallel to ipv4?

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

I realize you're using google's dns server (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4) and that it was recommended to you. but sometimes its worth trying others like cloudfare. 

Some websites are defaulting to checking for ipv6 connections first. And it can cause issues. Sometimes enabling ipv6 can help with that. Its why I was recommending trying. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7