Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help my R7800 nighthawk doesn't detect my internet connection

Furious77
Tutor

Help my R7800 nighthawk doesn't detect my internet connection

Hi,

first time setup , the router is not detecting my internet connection for some reason Smiley Sad

i tried everything ( replacing the cable , rebooting couple of times the modem and the router , I tried to configure manually with no luck. I checked wan setup , Internet setup like PPPoE username and password all checked with no luck. My connection is cable using fiber, I updated the firmware too but with no luck Smiley Sad when I go back to my old dlink router it work like a charm with no issues

any help or suggestions will be appreciated  Smiley Embarassed

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
Furious77
Tutor

Re: Help my R7800 nighthawk doesn't detect my internet connection

ok sorry to re-open this as I figured out what was going on so may someone someday find this useful 

will my NightHawk R7800 is working perfectly fine now.

Etisalat which is my isp automatically configures the router from their side with their ACS Server, even the WiFi. They can remotely update their firmware and manage your router without your agreement.
Etisalat will only provide PNP elife internet services from henceforth, you can't ask them to turn it off and use PPPOE username and password.
Any other third party router will not work, unless you connect it to the lan port of the Etisalat PNP router and turn off the WiFi in the Etisalat PNP router and use this router.

So, if you have issues, you will have to call Etisalat and buy their routers and range extenders and pay them technician visit charges and have to use their mediocre Dlink routers with the Etisalat logo.

"Etisalat provided you with the managed router (PNP) to ensure the service works correctly and allows 24 hours per day remote support, only with eLife in the UAE. If you would like to use your router, you can connect it as an access point"
Once again we are always here to serve and to support you, thank you for being our Etisalat valued customer"
in one email correspondence after I asked them if it possible to disable PNP and what are the benefits.
Made a phone call to 101 and asked other Etisalat technicians and they all said this is the newest thing henceforth and no other router works.

so i found this guy who came up with a solution to override all this scam but for his Asus router , what he did was:

( Before unplugging your dlink: Go into its settings -> WAN. Copy your username Copy your VLAN ID Copy your Clone MAC Address (This should be at the bottom) Log into your ASUS Router Select PPPoE Disable upnp. Write in your user/password At the bottom in special requirements from your ISP. Press MAC Clone button. The modem will fill in its MAC Address; change that to the values of the Clone MAC Address field you copied from your DLINK. Between every two characters you need to put : So for example lets say you copied 000000000000 In your ASUS it should be 00:00:00:00:00:00 Press Apply. Afterwards Click on LAN in your left panel -> IPTV -> Change the first field to Manual in the internet VID field write in the value you copied from the VLAN ID field from your DLINK. Press Apply That should do the trick.

and for real this did the trick for my R7800 except for some extra stuff in my router's screen like ticking ( use this interface ) in Internet setup.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 10

All Replies
netwrks
Master

It sounds like your ISP but first..

Power off your 7800 and modem for about 10 minutes. Power on modem, let modem sync up with network then power on router. If that does not work, clone the MAC of your Dlink on to the 7800 (WAN) and retry. Worst. worst case, call you ISP and get them to change the MAC RE: Dlink to R7800.

Message 2 of 10
Furious77
Tutor

thanks for replying 😊
i just tried it but still no luck . i dont know how much help will my isp provide in this situation 😔

Message 3 of 10
netwrks
Master

Did you also try cloning your DLINK MAC on the Netgear router? Manual  Page 26, 27.

Message 4 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Can you connect directly to the modem with a PC and surf?

Message 5 of 10
Furious77
Tutor

well thanks for all your help I appreciate it. I called my isp and I don't know how to explain this but the only router I can use is my old dlink which was provided by my isp and I can't use my new router except for AP only. I filed a complaint about this and waiting for an answer.

they explain to me some technical mambo jambo which I didn't understand about port forward and port closing .

Message 6 of 10
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I bet they said this before in some offical paper work which never was read.

Message 7 of 10
Furious77
Tutor

since it's my family's place I think that's true, they always try to hide some info from the customer . They said this only happens for new subscription or new upgrade accounts. well since I have my own place with old subscription and I'm already using my own asus router , I think i will give R7800 a try in my place Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
Furious77
Tutor

ok sorry to re-open this as I figured out what was going on so may someone someday find this useful 

will my NightHawk R7800 is working perfectly fine now.

Etisalat which is my isp automatically configures the router from their side with their ACS Server, even the WiFi. They can remotely update their firmware and manage your router without your agreement.
Etisalat will only provide PNP elife internet services from henceforth, you can't ask them to turn it off and use PPPOE username and password.
Any other third party router will not work, unless you connect it to the lan port of the Etisalat PNP router and turn off the WiFi in the Etisalat PNP router and use this router.

So, if you have issues, you will have to call Etisalat and buy their routers and range extenders and pay them technician visit charges and have to use their mediocre Dlink routers with the Etisalat logo.

"Etisalat provided you with the managed router (PNP) to ensure the service works correctly and allows 24 hours per day remote support, only with eLife in the UAE. If you would like to use your router, you can connect it as an access point"
Once again we are always here to serve and to support you, thank you for being our Etisalat valued customer"
in one email correspondence after I asked them if it possible to disable PNP and what are the benefits.
Made a phone call to 101 and asked other Etisalat technicians and they all said this is the newest thing henceforth and no other router works.

so i found this guy who came up with a solution to override all this scam but for his Asus router , what he did was:

( Before unplugging your dlink: Go into its settings -> WAN. Copy your username Copy your VLAN ID Copy your Clone MAC Address (This should be at the bottom) Log into your ASUS Router Select PPPoE Disable upnp. Write in your user/password At the bottom in special requirements from your ISP. Press MAC Clone button. The modem will fill in its MAC Address; change that to the values of the Clone MAC Address field you copied from your DLINK. Between every two characters you need to put : So for example lets say you copied 000000000000 In your ASUS it should be 00:00:00:00:00:00 Press Apply. Afterwards Click on LAN in your left panel -> IPTV -> Change the first field to Manual in the internet VID field write in the value you copied from the VLAN ID field from your DLINK. Press Apply That should do the trick.

and for real this did the trick for my R7800 except for some extra stuff in my router's screen like ticking ( use this interface ) in Internet setup.

Message 9 of 10
VE6CGX
Master

Just amazing. !!!! Hard to believe what I just read.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7