Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to disable WPS button on R6800 router?

gohopdrummer
Aspirant

How to disable WPS button on R6800 router?

1. Is there a way to disable the WPS button on my R6800 router? If there is, I can't find it.
2. If I reset the router to factory settings, will the WPS button be enabled or disabled by default?

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: How to disable WPS button on R6800 router?

Might check under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless settings to see if there is any WPS options. There may or may not be. Review the online user manual as well for WPS information. 

Message 2 of 5
Finch_11
Aspirant

Hey,

To disable the WPS button on an R6800 router, you can log in to the router's web interface and navigate to the wireless settings page.

Look for a setting labeled "WPS" or "Wi-Fi Protected Setup" and turn it off or disable it. The specific steps to access the settings may vary depending on the firmware version of your router.

If you are unable to find the setting or need further assistance, it is recommended to refer to the router's user manual or contact the manufacturer for support.

Message 3 of 5
gohopdrummer
Aspirant

I haven't been able to find any solutions in the software itself, or the manual. I appreciate your effort, though. :O)

Message 4 of 5
gohopdrummer
Aspirant

Hey! Thanks for trying. It appears the web interface available to me does not has this function enabled. I've looked at all tabs.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7