Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Laptop keeps losing internet connection - R7000

mr_grieves
Tutor

Laptop keeps losing internet connection - R7000

I've had an R7000 on my home network for a few months and the following problem is occuring with increasing frequency.

I have a laptop running Windows 7 (connects at 2.4GHz) that I use throughout the day, putting it to sleep when not in use. Once every 1 to 2 days, upon waking the laptop connects to the router but cannot connect to the internet. Disconnecting/reconnecting, resetting the wireless adapter or rebooting the computer does not fix the problem. The rest of the devices on my network (wired and wireless) all continue to function normally. 

When this happens to the laptop the following occurs:

- cannot connect to internet via browser

- cannot connect to router via browser

- cannot connect to other devices on my network

- can ping router

- can ping DNS

- can ping devices on the network

- can ping websites by IP address

The only thing that fixes the problem is rebooting the router.

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
mediatrek
Virtuoso

Re: Laptop keeps losing internet connection - R7000

There are numerous known bugs (many doing with 2.4GHz devices) in that release of firmware which Netgear is aware of and that is why Netgear pulled that firmware release.

You will want to roll back your firmware to v.1.0.4.30. You can download it from the R7000 Downloads Support Page. After rolling back the firmware, you will want to do a factory erase of your router settings, then reconfigure everything as you like it/want it. DO NOT use a backup configuration file to restore your settings.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8

All Replies
mediatrek
Virtuoso

What version firmware do you have on your R7000?

Message 2 of 8
mr_grieves
Tutor

Running firmware V1.0.6.28_1.1.83

Message 3 of 8
mediatrek
Virtuoso

There are numerous known bugs (many doing with 2.4GHz devices) in that release of firmware which Netgear is aware of and that is why Netgear pulled that firmware release.

You will want to roll back your firmware to v.1.0.4.30. You can download it from the R7000 Downloads Support Page. After rolling back the firmware, you will want to do a factory erase of your router settings, then reconfigure everything as you like it/want it. DO NOT use a backup configuration file to restore your settings.

Message 4 of 8
mr_grieves
Tutor

Thanks, I didn't realize the firmware had been recalled. I believe I updated when I first setup the router. I have reverted back so I will see what happens.

Message 5 of 8
mr_grieves
Tutor

4 days since rolling back firmware version and everything is working fine. Thanks!

Message 6 of 8

This is interesting. I have had my router since last august and updated the firmware as the new firmwares roll out.

I havent ever had any connectivity issues with it.

I just remotely logged into my router to check which firmware version i have and i have the above mentioned one (6.28).

So are there any other known issues with this firmware and should i roll back even if i dont have any connectivity issues? I am having some issues with readyshare...
Message 7 of 8
JamesGL
Master

Hi wyliesdiesels,

The firmware has been pulled out from support site due to wireless issues but if you are not experiencing any issues, you may continue using it.

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7