Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet

tronic1979
Tutor

Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet

Hi -

I just purchased a Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 and it won't connect to the internet.  I have comcast Xfinity triple play, I have the Xfinity Modem/router combo.  I have enabled bridge mode so it is no longer sending out a wifi signal.  I have powered down the Xfinity Modem/router and reset it- when I connect to the modem via ethernet I am able to connect to the internet.  I connected the Nighthawk to the Xfinity Modem/router and then powered it on.  The power light, internet light, 2.4 ghz light, 5ghz, light all flash white. I can connect to the Nighthawks wifi signal, but it does not have internet connection. I tried connecting to the nighthawk via ethernet, and it does not have have an internet connection by ethernet either.  I called comcast, they told me they couldn't help. 

How do I get the nighthawk to connect to the internet? I am not tech savvy and I need help!! thank you.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
tronic1979
Tutor

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Model R7000 Won't connect to internet

thanks for getting back to me - was able to get connected by putting the mac address in manually.  thanks.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Try this. Power off both your modem and R7000. Wait about five  to 10 minutes. Power on your modem first. Let the modem power up completely. Then power on the R7000. 

Message 2 of 7
tronic1979
Tutor

Not sure the right way to close this out - but i was able to get connected - had to go manually and put in the mac address - got help from netgear customer support.

thanks everyone.

Message 3 of 7
tronic1979
Tutor

thanks for getting back to me - was able to get connected by putting the mac address in manually.  thanks.

Message 4 of 7
rpoffen
Virtuoso

When I had xfinity/comcast, they authenticated via the WAN conneted device's MAC address so I had to clone it to the router whenever I changed the router.

Message 5 of 7
Mjboom
Aspirant

Which MAC address did you enter and where did you enter it?
Message 6 of 7
JamesGL
Master

Hi @Mjboom,

Welcome to Community!

You can copy the computers mac address if your computer can go online when directly connected to the modem. Check this KB article.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1086/~/no-internet-with-new-router---mac-spoofing

Regards,

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7