Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000, Blinking Internet LED with connected ethernet cable, no WI-FI and internet access

Cosmro
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000, Blinking Internet LED with connected ethernet cable, no WI-FI and internet access

Hello, long story short, I tried logging into my router with admin and password but it kept going to the Password Recovery page but whenever I enter the right serial number several times, the continue button was always grey and I couldn't do anything. I looked up solution and one solved post said to use the 30 30 30 reset method. I tried to reset, then when I was done it wouldn't connect to the internet anymore so I treated it like a new router, I rebooted the modem, then connected the ethernet cables. Now for some reason the power is on but the internet LED keeps blinking white for a long time with no WI-FI and no internet access, the modem LED lights are completely fine as well. I tried multiple times and can't seem to find any solution no matter where I look, I have to use my mobile phone with my 4G network to actually find a way through this.
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Cosmro
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk R7000, Blinking Internet LED with connected ethernet cable, no WI-FI and internet acce

Sorry for not replying in three days, I wanted to take a break from the situation but I just fixed the router miraculously. The main problem was that the DHCP was not enabled for "Wi-Fi" and it took one click to solve the whole problem. Thank you for your time in helping.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 7

All Replies

Re: Nighthawk R7000, Blinking Internet LED with connected ethernet cable, no WI-FI and internet acce

@Cosmro wrote:
Now for some reason the power is on but the internet LED keeps blinking white for a long time ....

This is a sign that your router is trying, and failing, to connect to your modem.

First check that the modem is working as expected and has established an internet connection.

As you have been playing around with things on your network, you should also reboot the whole thing in the right order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug the modem.
  • Turn off the modem router and computers.
  • Plug in the modem and turn it on. Wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the modem router and wait 2 minutes.
  • Turn on the computers.

If that does not work come back with details of the modem at the front of this network.

Message 2 of 7
Cosmro
Aspirant

It's a Technicolor TC8717T Docsis 3.0 Wireless Telephony Cable Modem

All LED lights are lit up on the modem with no constant blinking

I have tried out the method and I cannot recieve any connection and the light remains blinking
Message 3 of 7

@Cosmro wrote:
It's a Technicolor TC8717T Docsis 3.0 Wireless Telephony Cable Modem

That looks like a modem-router. The clue is the stack of LAN ports on the back.

This means that you are trying to set up two routers on your network, which is a recipe for chaos.

Your best bet is to work out how to put the Technicolor TC8717T into "modem only" (bridge) mode or, if that is not possible, use the R7000 as an access point.

Message 4 of 7
Tica
Aspirant

A transformer blew in my neighborhood early Saturday morning and knocked my R7000  off-line. I could not get it to fully boot afterwards, it just hung with some dim leds  and I was ready to toss it . Tried multiple resets without success. They say it does not matter, but I unplugged the power supply from the back, then I pressed the power on button twice to drain anything left and let it sit for 5 minutes. I then powered on and continually depressed the reset button for 30-40 seconds until I saw the flashing power led. I then used windows tftp instead of the external program and restored firmware using the command line technique that is discussed on these pages. That did not work the first two attempts but finally I saw the router start sending a few bytes back to the PC.  I then rebooted and waited and after 2-3 minutes, it seemed to slowly reprovision itself and I was able to log in to the router admin GUI from a wifi browser and reprogram the settings. Maybe I just got lucky. and this  would not work for someone else.

Message 5 of 7

That is truly shocking news that sparks off many thoughts.

Message 6 of 7
Cosmro
Aspirant

Sorry for not replying in three days, I wanted to take a break from the situation but I just fixed the router miraculously. The main problem was that the DHCP was not enabled for "Wi-Fi" and it took one click to solve the whole problem. Thank you for your time in helping.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7