Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk R7000 blue light not connecting to Wi-Fi

Pops109
Aspirant

Nighthawk R7000 blue light not connecting to Wi-Fi

All of a sudden my R7000 has all blue lights and does not connect to the internet. Unfortunately I am not at the location where the router is located. Each morning I have it set, using a 24 hour timer, to turn off for 15 minutes and then turn back on. It was worked without any problems since October 2021. About a week ago, I no longer can access any of my smart devices, (switches, cameras, etc.).  I had a friend, who is local to where it is, check it  out. He sent me a photo showing all lights are blue. I had himIMG-6371.jpg reboot the Optimum modem and reboot the R7000 about five times and still no internet connection. Blue lights remain.

Any help would be greaterly appreciated.

Message 1 of 15

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk R7000 blue light not connecting to Wi-Fi

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

View solution in original post

Message 13 of 15

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Actually these LEDs are WHITE. 
The Intternet globe LED next to the power LED would be Amber if there wasn't a good connection with the ISP modem.

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

Thank you for such a quick and detailed reply.

Unfortunately i do not know the firmware version. I believe it was up to date as of October, 2021 which was the last time I was physically at the location where it is.

The Modem is: UBee or ARRIS. I do not know the model number 

The computer has not been turned on since late October. 

My friend did turn unplug the modem then the router, Waited over a 30 minutes, then reconnected modem then router.

The computer has not been turned on. All other devices (cameras, plugs, Rings, Nest, etc.) are always on.

I don't know what else to try.

Message 3 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

My ISP says the modem is working fine and sending a signal to the router. If all the lights are supposed to be white ( not blue) then why are all my smart devices not connecting to the internet? Not one works. 

Message 4 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Would need to get model# information on modem.

Would need to get wifi configurations on the router. 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

What devices do you have trying to connect? 

You may need to be on site to troubleshoot this more. 

Message 5 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

Thank you for the guidance. Unfortunately I cannot get the info or make any changes because I am not physically where the equipment is.  

Message 6 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 7 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

Modem model is ARRIS TM1602A
Part no. TM02DLD1602
I’ve got two Nest Thermostat
One Ecobee thermostat
Alexia Show
Several smart plugs
A Hik-connect security camera NVR
KASA camera
Ring doorbell
There are other neighbors Wi-Fi’s with weak signals.
I can’t answer the other questions since I am not where the system is located.
Any additional help would be much appreciated.
Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

I would suggest having someone go on site and help you with this router if you can't be there yourself...

Message 9 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

Thanks. Unfortunately, I do not have anyone semi-computer literate that can help. 

It just baffles me that all the lights seem to indicate everything is OK, yet nothing connects to the internet.  According to my Nest thermostats it stopped communicating on Feb 14 arounf 4 am. 

Message 10 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Ya you or someone that can help you out will need to be on site. 

Message 11 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

I’m finally back at this router’s location. I reset the modem Arris model TM1602A and the R7000 router. I also changed the cable connecting the two. All lights are still white, yet still cannot connect to Wi-Fi.

Ant help would much be appreciated. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch.

Message 13 of 15
Pops109
Aspirant

Thanks. That is what I had to do. Then had to reconnect almost all smart devices. Some I had to just log into the network. Others I had to forget then reinstall. Don’t know why this happened. Hope it doesn’t do it again. If it does I think I’ll replace the router. Thanks everybody for all the assistance.
Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series