Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Guest Network - how to set up?

Phil-H
Aspirant

R7000 Guest Network - how to set up?

I followed the instructions in:

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24097/~/how-do-i-set-up-a-guest-network-on-my-nighthaw...

But, none of my client devices will connect. I have set up the R7000 in AP (Access Point) mode. I'm putting the Guest Network on the 2.4 GHz band with my primary wireless network.  The 5.0 GHz band network is disabled.

I have set up guest networks on other devices, and it was straight forward.  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Phil-H

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Phil-H
Aspirant

Re: R7000 Guest Network - how to set up?

Thanks.  Turns out it needed a power off, with a long rest, then a power up, for the Guest Network to allow connections.   Maybe its brains were scrambled.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

On AP Mode, in order for Guest Network to communicate with your main router (DCHP server) you have to enable "Allow guests to see each other and access my local network". 

Now if you want to really use Guest Network which can't connect to your main LAN network, you have to setup the R7000 on Router Mode not AP mode.

Message 2 of 6
Phil-H
Aspirant

Sorry I was not clear - my problem is that no one can connect with the Guest Network!!

Message 3 of 6
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

What's the device that's trying to connect to the Guest Network?
Is this working before?

Try factory reset and see if that will help.

Message 4 of 6
storm1985
Prodigy

@Phil-H no device can really connect unless you follow my suggestion

Message 5 of 6
Phil-H
Aspirant

Thanks.  Turns out it needed a power off, with a long rest, then a power up, for the Guest Network to allow connections.   Maybe its brains were scrambled.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7