Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 ethernet devices missing

Psychbum
Star

R7000 ethernet devices missing

Not sure when this started happening but when I go into the web GUI of the R7000 and attached devices all my wireless clients are displayed. But, my ethernet devices are not - the router status lights show that ethernet connections are linked up and flickering to show activity. 

I have also noticed that the latest version of the Nighthawk app on IOS doesn't let me login to the router - it 'times out' when entering the password.

Any ideas/solutions would be gratefully received. 

Cheers

N.B. I am not on the latest software as that is just not very stable for me. I am on Firmware Version
V1.0.11.130_10.2.118

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 15
plemans
Guru

Re: R7000 ethernet devices missing

I don't thing the .134 (latest) version changed attached devices but you can try upgrading to it. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx

if it doesn't help, you can try factory resetting. 

Message 2 of 15
Psychbum
Star

I tried going to .134 but it was very bad.

So I am back to .130 but suddenly my ethernet devices aren't staying connected. 

They seem to be connected but when in sleep the devices leave the network instead of staying connected. 

Message 3 of 15
plemans
Guru

Did you do a factory reset after the changes? the R7000 has responded pretty favorably to resetting after changing firmware. I'd advise during the reinstall to not use a backup configuration

Message 4 of 15
Psychbum
Star

Yes, I actually ended up doing 2 factory reboots and its still the same. So cant see the point in another. 

Message 5 of 15
plemans
Guru

sorry, didn't know if you did or not. 

the version thats been the most stable is pretty old. The one we always used to recommend was 1.0.9.42

The .126 version was also fairly stable for those devices it worked well on. 

It seems like there's a small percentage of the r7000's that struggle with firmware

Message 6 of 15
Psychbum
Star

Obviously I want to avoid going too far back for security concerns. 

What would be your advice here? Which version?

Message 7 of 15
plemans
Guru

so they don't show up in the attached devices list. Do they show in the access control list (doesn't have to be enabled).

If they do, I'd just leave it as is. 

If they don't, then I'd try downgrading 

Message 8 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

I've got v.134 loaded on my R7000 and all my devices appear, wired and wireless when I had it online for a week or so:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/New-R7000-Firmware-Version-1-0-11-134-Releas...

I use MS Edge here.

Please take a screen capture of what your seeing and post it.

Message 9 of 15
Psychbum
Star

It is connected as I am using it, but the GUI doesn't show its connected. 

It is using the IP address 192.168.x.11 and a smart switch I have is on 2.4g wifi and using 192.168.x.11

How do I change this? And could this be the cause?

Message 10 of 15
johnsmith5
Aspirant

@plemans wrote:

I don't thing the .134 (latest) version changed attached devices but you can try upgrading to it. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000.aspx

if it doesn't help, you can try factory resetting. 

yeah, i have tried it but it was not helpful for me so there was only one option that was factory resetting i do this and got.

Message 11 of 15
Psychbum
Star

I have managed to get the .134 FW installed and seems stable. 

I removed a meross smart plug that i added into the mix a few days ago and the ethernet devices are staying connected.

Anybody know why this type of device would cause the ethernet devices to stop functioning?

Thanks

Message 12 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

What browser are you using? 

Message 13 of 15
Psychbum
Star

I have tried safari and edge and chrome

Message 14 of 15
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe causing some noise or interferences. Something to contact the Mfr of this device about and see if they have any information regarding there product.

@Psychbum wrote:

I have managed to get the .134 FW installed and seems stable. 

I removed a meross smart plug that i added into the mix a few days ago and the ethernet devices are staying connected.

Anybody know why this type of device would cause the ethernet devices to stop functioning?

Thanks

Message 15 of 15
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 14 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7