Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk r700 with Magic jack plugged directly into USB doc 3 ?--can it be done as with pc

sidelinellc
Aspirant

nighthawk r700 with Magic jack plugged directly into USB doc 3 ?--can it be done as with pc

Id like to eliminate the ethernet cable and plug the MJ directly into my nighthawks usb such as you would perform with a pc. 

advice? havnt found much info on it.

thank you

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions

Re: nighthawk r700 with Magic jack plugged directly into USB doc 3 ?--can it be done as with pc

This type of device is not supported.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Re: nighthawk r700 with Magic jack plugged directly into USB doc 3 ?--can it be done as with pc

Hi sidelinellc,

The USB port on the router will only read USB drives and printers. Magic jack will not be able to work on the port of the router. 

Message 2 of 6
sidelinellc
Aspirant

are there any workarounds or mods i could make to enable this function? I believe i need usb drivers and thats were my knowledge stops.

thank you

Message 3 of 6

This type of device is not supported.

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi sidelinellc,

This is a limitation of the router and it does not support that kind of device. It is only for USB drives and printers.

Message 5 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi sidelinellc,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7