Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

2.4ghz network disabled for one device only after attack warning

dellpa
Aspirant

2.4ghz network disabled for one device only after attack warning

Yesterday I received a red warning message that there was an attack on my wifi network and the 2.4ghz was disabled.  Since then, I have checked to make sure that my firmware is up to date (it is), I've rebooted my modem, router and device, and I am still unable to use the 2.4ghz network.  5ghz works if I manually connect, but it will not auto connect.  If I try to connect on 2.4ghz, it connects for a few seconds and then disconnects, and the status of the network says "disabled."  It is working fine for all of the other devices on the network.

Any advice how to fix this?

Model: R6700v2|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Nigelh92
Tutor

Re: 2.4ghz network disabled for one device only after attack warning

Hi,

Try resetting your router by pressing the Reset button for 5 seconds.

Don't do any longer then 5 seconds or it might reset your router to Factory settings.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6

All Replies
Nigelh92
Tutor

Hi,

Don't do any longer then 5 seconds or it might reset your router to Factory settings.

Message 2 of 6
IrvSp
Master

'Who' gave you the RED warning? Could it have been your FIREWALL, not the router?

How many devices have this problem? Only one or all?

Message 3 of 6
dellpa
Aspirant

@IrvSp wrote:

'Who' gave you the RED warning? Could it have been your FIREWALL, not the router?

How many devices have this problem? Only one or all?

I'm not sure where the red warning came from. It was only shown on my screen briefly and said something about rebooting the router.  This was on my phone which I don't think is protected by a firewall.  I rebooted the router immediately from my phone using the Nighthawk app.  I have not seen the warning again but I have not been able to use the 2.4 ghz network since then and the 5 ghz network keeps dropping and doesn't auto connect anymore.  All of the other devices on the network seem to working fine on either/both networks.

Message 4 of 6
dellpa
Aspirant

@Nigelh92 wrote:

Hi,

I must have held it just over 5 seconds because it reset to factory settings.  I set everything up again and the problem is solved, so I don't mind. 🙂  Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I had unplugged it but did not even notice the reset button until I went back to look for it.

Message 5 of 6
IrvSp
Master

I don't know what to tell you? Quite possible that was an attack of some sort?

I'd open a BROWSER Genie and look at all the router settings. Make sure REMOTE ACCESS is OFF.

@dellpa wrote:

I have not seen the warning again but I have not been able to use the 2.4 ghz network since then and the 5 ghz network keeps dropping and doesn't auto connect anymore.  All of the other devices on the network seem to working fine on either/both networks.

So it is ONLY that phone that can't connect or has the SSID drop? All other devices are fine? If so, the problem is probably on the PHONE. Forget the network as connect as new. See if that helps?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7