Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Already registered

gmonkeyq
Aspirant

Already registered

My product says it was already registered. Why can't I re-register it in my name, I bought it from a guy on LetGo, if they're allowed to sell them then i should be allowed to reregister it.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
duckware
Prodigy

Re: Already registered

Of course.  http to the address listed on the bottom of the router and use the username/password listed there.

If you can't get in, do a factory reset (tiny button hole on bottom/back of router) and that will/should reset things to what is listed on the label on the bottom of the router.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
duckware
Prodigy

If it was sold as "new" -- return it, it is not new.  If it was sold as used, you can't register it.

Message 2 of 6
gmonkeyq
Aspirant

Without it being registered can I still change its name and password? If so, how?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
gmonkeyq
Aspirant

He said it was new and unopened, but it still works very good, but Can I change the name of the network and the password without it being registered?

Message 4 of 6
duckware
Prodigy

Of course.  http to the address listed on the bottom of the router and use the username/password listed there.

If you can't get in, do a factory reset (tiny button hole on bottom/back of router) and that will/should reset things to what is listed on the label on the bottom of the router.

Message 5 of 6

Spot on there, and to deal with "already registered" issue – that's the third today – you probably need divine intervention, or at least help from one of the Netgear support people.

Here's how it worked in the past:

Solved: Cant register product (AC1200-R6220) WiFi router) - NETGEAR Communities

Hope it works.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7