Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Anyone find stable R7300 firmware config after 1.0.0.68?

mikeebee
Aspirant

Anyone find stable R7300 firmware config after 1.0.0.68?

I am unable to find a stable firmware upgrade beyond 1.0.0.68 for the Nighthawk R7300 router.  I've upgraded it each time, the latest try to 1.0.0.74_1.0.29 and have been met with unstable connections each time.  We get intermittent dropped or slow connections from all of our devices in the house.  I even tried rebooting the router each morning, but that did not help.  This instability does not happen on .68.

Normally I would leave well enough alone and just stay on .68, but with each new update, there are new security patches.  I'm concerned to be running a version that's over 2 years old now.

Has anyone else been able to update and get stable results?  Is there perhaps a setting or specific configuration that is causing the problems?

Model: R7300DST|AC1900 DST Router and DST Adapter
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Anyone find stable R7300 firmware config after 1.0.0.68?

Have you tested the connection on the modem to see if it is stable? 

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
mikeebee
Aspirant

Not sure what you mean by this, as the router is very stable on .68, it's only the versions after this.

Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Sorry didn't catch that the first time I read that. So the newer firmware has slower speeds on both wifi and hardline? also, are you having any wifi disconnect?

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7