Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

CM500>r6700v3 can’t connect

Dbarber92
Follower

CM500>r6700v3 can’t connect

Hello! I am trying to connect with xfinity using netgear modem (CM500) and router (r6700v3, firmware V1.0.4.106_10.0.80). Xfinity says the modem is connected and working fine, and I can boot up the router and control its settings as an admin through my laptop.

BUT no matter what I do I can’t connect to wifi! The 2nd-from-left light on the router (that indicates wifi connection) is orange, and I note that all lights on the modem (including the bottom one indicating network traffic) are green. I have tried:

1) unplugging router and modem, waiting 10 minutes, turning modem back on, waiting for boot-up to complete, turning router back on

2) cycling power to the router only

3) switching to “use computer MAC address” instead of the default router MAC address.

4) buying a new cm500 modem (thanks to the good graces of a generous Amazon return policy). I am getting the same results so I don’t think it’s the modem.

I’m at a loss here. Does anyone have advice?
Model: CM500|16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem, R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: CM500>r6700v3 can’t connect

Power OFF both modem and router for 1 minute then back ON with the modem first then router.

Swap LAN cables between the modem and router. Be sure to use good quality LAN cables. CAT6 is recommended. 

You can test your PC directly connected to the modem as well to be sure the modem is working. Power OFF, connect PC, power ON modem...check internet services after modem is ready. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7