Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Can't unblock a device

Twinchi
Aspirant

Can't unblock a device

Hi,

I have a R7800 router with firmware version V1.0.2.20.

Two weeks ago my mobile had access to the internet but It went broke and is now repaired. The mac adres is still the same but I do not get access to the internet. My router is configured with access control on mac-adres level en in the UI and Genie app the device has the status blocked. If I change the status to "allow" it gives no error message on the screen but it still stays blocked.

My mobile is connected to the R7800 but when I want to access the internet via my browser I get the Netgear genie screen with the question that I am currently logged on to another device (correct taht is my pc) and if I want to proceed, Yes or Exit. Clicking on Yes gives me the login screen of my router.

Why does not grant the R7800 internet access to my mobile?

Is there a log or error file where I can find more info?

Is there another way of unblocking the device?

Thanks Mike.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Twinchi
Aspirant

Re: Can't unblock a device

Hi,

Thanks for your answer JamesGL.

Next time I will try your sollution.

What worked for me was to return the Netgear to factory defaults. The next issue I had was that the device could not connect to the wifi of the Netgear. With the WPS method I managed to get a connection again and now it is working fine.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Twinchi,

Try to disable the access control and connect the device. After connecting and you have verified that it can go online then enable the access control.

Message 2 of 4
Twinchi
Aspirant

Hi,

Thanks for your answer JamesGL.

Next time I will try your sollution.

What worked for me was to return the Netgear to factory defaults. The next issue I had was that the device could not connect to the wifi of the Netgear. With the WPS method I managed to get a connection again and now it is working fine.

Message 3 of 4
VE6CGX
Master

Another way is to erase all the trace of the mobile device and reconfigure it as if you are connecting  it first time.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7