Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

FTP and VPN acces

rakiboy
Follower

FTP and VPN acces

Hi There

I need a help to set up a vpn acces and FTP server.

I have R7000 router connected to internet and behind him there is a Qnap NAS server.

I have enabled the option in qnap to have a ftp and also give him a static IP.

In router i have port forwarding to and the vpn address from my provider. With my previouis old router i could connect only through vpn. it was simple thing with forwarding but now I cant and the set up is pretty much the same. I tryed to use ftp but wihtout any luck.

Sorry if I writing some confusing things, but im new to this and i run through many manuals and forums but i couldnt find any help.

Thanks in advance for every advice

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: FTP and VPN acces

Also, on FTP you need to make sure the QNAP is configured to use passive FTP with a small port range (perhaps 4 ports for connection), and you will need to forward those ports to the QNAP as well as the control port.

Most FTP clients will require masquerading to be set on the QNAP in order to connect over the internet.  FileZilla is one that doesn't need that.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi rakiboy,

1. What VPN server you are using?

2. Did you open the ports of the FTP server and the VPN server on the router via port forwarding?

3. What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Also, on FTP you need to make sure the QNAP is configured to use passive FTP with a small port range (perhaps 4 ports for connection), and you will need to forward those ports to the QNAP as well as the control port.

Most FTP clients will require masquerading to be set on the QNAP in order to connect over the internet.  FileZilla is one that doesn't need that.

Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi rakiboy,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7