Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Model R6700v3 My weather station (LaCrosse Model C8300) will only connect using 2.4 GHz

msmith4501
Aspirant

Model R6700v3 My weather station (LaCrosse Model C8300) will only connect using 2.4 GHz

Model R6700v3... My weather station (LaCrosse Model C8300) will only connect using 2.4 GHz. It was connected to the router, but I had to change the battery in the weather station and then it would not reconnect to the internet because it could not find the 2.4GHz connection. My router works fine except that it won't let my weather station find the 2.4GHz this time. The problem may be that I had downloaded the update that lets the router automatically select which band to use. Does anyone know how I can get access to the lower band since I downloaded the update? Thanks

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Model R6700v3 My weather station (LaCrosse Model C8300) will only connect using 2.4 GHz

The router doesn't "find the weather station". the weather station is what connects to it. 

Did the weather station get reset and just need to be reinstalled? 

If you're using smart connect (combining ssid's) just make sure the phone you're using to setup the weather station is on the 2.4ghz. 

you can force your phone to the 2.4ghz by disabling smart connect (use the same ssid for the 2.4ghz that the ssid will have when smart connect is turned on). then connect you phone to the 2.4ghz and try setup. Once its connected, you can turn smart connect back on. 

Message 2 of 6
BarryD0706
Aspirant

Re: Model R6700v3 My weather station (LaCrosse Model C8300) will only connect using 2.4 GHz

I am having exactly the same problem, but with the LaCross V40A. Was working fine but I had to reset it. After that, it won't connect. I contacted LaCross and they sent me a new unit and it still won't connect. I'm quite sure this is either a problem with their app, or with the routers.

More details: LaCross uses WiFi Easy Connect to set up the device. There is a bar-code on the unit that the App scans. You then enter your network password and it is supposed to do the "Easy Connect" magic to have the router make the connection. They only support 2.4Ghz network, and of course your phone has to be on the network you are trying to connect the weather station to.

My RAX120 is at the latest firmware level. For sure I'm on the 2.4Ghz network (I have different SSIDs for them.) Yesterday I logged in to my router and (after saving my configuration) "Reset to Factor Defaults". I then left it like that, other than changing my SSIDs and passwords. The result: Easy-Connect still won't connect the device.

What can I try next? How do I debug Easy-Connect?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
BarryD0706
Aspirant

One more piece of information. (I just tried it again. SSID broadcast is on (so WPS would work) and Access Control is disabled.)

There is absolutely nothing shown in the Router logs during the "Easy Connect" attempt. All logging options are selected. I would certainly expect to see somethiing in the logs wouldn't I?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to change the 2.4 ghz channel?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
msmith4501
Aspirant

There was no way that I could find to do this so I bought a different one...not Netgear. Thanks for trying to help!

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7