Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netflix gives me "unblocker or proxy" error

ironchuck
Aspirant

Netflix gives me "unblocker or proxy" error

Until a couple of days ago, everything was working fine. Today I still have internet connection but Netflix doesn't work because it says I'm using unblocker or proxy, which I am NOT. Everything in the IP/DNS config is automatic. I have tried it on several devices on my network (smart TV, tablets) and result is the same. To check if error was with the router or modem (or ISP), I connected directly to modem and found that Netflix works OK connected to modem, therefore I have to conclude the problem is with my Nighthawk router.  I have no idea what to do. Please help.

I live in Panama and Netflix account is local.

Firmware V1.0.7.6_1.1.99

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ironchuck
Aspirant

Re: Netflix gives me "unblocker or proxy" error

Ok so after two days of trying everything I finally came to a "solution" which was to reconfigure my router as an access point. I figured that if the modem/gateway had no trouble streaming Netflix, the fix was sort of turning the Netgear router into nothing more than a broadcast station. Anyway, everything seems to be working in good order now.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
StephenB
Guru

Perhaps try a factory reset of the router, and reconfigure it.

Message 2 of 3
ironchuck
Aspirant

Ok so after two days of trying everything I finally came to a "solution" which was to reconfigure my router as an access point. I figured that if the modem/gateway had no trouble streaming Netflix, the fix was sort of turning the Netgear router into nothing more than a broadcast station. Anyway, everything seems to be working in good order now.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7