Nighthawk AC2300 - Disconnects Every 2 hours and 4 minutes

elCHeeliTO
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC2300 - Disconnects Every 2 hours and 4 minutes

My new Nighthawk AC2300 - Disconnects Every 2 hours and 4 minutes, I run a streaming quote program and that's how I'm able to tell, every time connection is interrupted I get a warning with the exact time it happened, and then it reconnects in about 30 seconds, but it's extremely disruptive, I am 100% sure it's the router, when bypassed it never happens. I also have seen this problem mentioned in other websites as a common issue. Is there anything I can do to keep it from happening? And why hasn't Netgear fixed the bug.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 12
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk AC2300 - Disconnects Every 2 hours and 4 minutes

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem are you connecting it to?

is it all devices dropping, just wired device, just wireless devices? 

Current Setup: CM2000-> SXK30-> GS716v2-> Arris W31 x2-> Pi-hole->
Message 2 of 12
elCHeeliTO
Aspirant

Firmaware is up to date: V1.3.1.64_10.1.36

Modem: Netgear CM1000 DOCSIS 3.1 Cable Modem

Wired PC dropping only as far as I know

Message 3 of 12
plemans
Guru

And its happening only to wired device? usually you see it with wireless devices. 

2 things you can try. and the order i'd try them in. 

1. Install version 1.3.2.134 of the firmware to it over a hardwired connection (in case the firmware is corrupt), then do a factory reset and clean install (not from a backup in case that's corrupt). 

2. if that doesn't work, try downgrading to version 1.3.0.20 of the firmware. follow the same install over hardwired connection/factory reset/clean install. The newer versions have netgear armor and maybe yours doesn't play nicely with armor.  

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/R7000P.aspx

Message 4 of 12
elCHeeliTO
Aspirant

I 'll give that a try when I have some time to spend on it, but, I am really curious and maybe you know the answer, why is it that when I check for new firmware from the router interface, it says "No new firmware version available." ?

Message 5 of 12
plemans
Guru

Not sure exactly why. I've seen it quite frequently with the R7000P and the R7000

Message 6 of 12
elCHeeliTO
Aspirant

Well, I tried everything you suggested, result, exactly the same issues are happening, the disconnect is relentless and incredibly accurate on it's timing, Netgear should fix the bug which is well known and documented instead of pretending they know absolutely nothing about it, and lying constantly on this problem. Why would anybody buy Netgear over say Asus after experiencing or reading how incredibly irresponsible Netgear is and how they couldn't care less about their customers, Wow!

Message 7 of 12
Eddief1995
Aspirant

I'm having the same problem. I was wondering if you were able to figure out a solution for it yet.
Message 8 of 12
plemans
Guru

@Eddief1995 I'd recommend starting your own thread. go over your setup (modem/router/devices), firmware on them, and what exactly is happening in details. 

Message 9 of 12
elCHeeliTO
Aspirant

I am still having the exact same issue, like I mentioned before, it happens exactly by the clock, it's a setting in the darn Netgear equipment, they will not acknowledge it, much less provide some solutions. I will never buy Netgear trash again, going back to Asus routers, soooo much more reliable, and support actually cares and helps with problems you may have. I'd reccommend any and everybody to stay as far away as they can from Netgear products. Period.

Message 10 of 12
Grrawler
Aspirant

I have the exact same issue. Disconnecting me from Livestreaming on twitch and games every 2 hours 1o-15 minutes like clockwork. When I brought my issue to Netgear, they had me do a bunch of tests, then when they couldn't figure it out I was hung up on and they never reached back out to me. I sent an email that was never responded to, also. The next day I bought an ASUS router and haven't had any issues since. Now I have a brand new $200 brick.

Message 11 of 12
elCHeeliTO
Aspirant

Exactly my eperience, had me do a lot of tests, which I knew were just a distraction, wasting my time. They are really good at frustrting you in the process, until you give up after you realize what's going on, which is they know of the darn problem very well, but will not fix it. What they are not good at, is fixing their frigging bugs, they sell very expensive bricks. ASUS is the way to go.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements