Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet after firmware upgrade and factory reset R7000

No internet after firmware upgrade and factory reset R7000

Hello!

I recently upgraded my R7000 to the latest firmware (1.0.11.128) as of last night and per recommendations, performed a factory reset on the router, including powering off my modem, waiting for that to restart and then booting the router back up.

After resetting the router, I have no wifi. All lights on the router are solid white, making it seem like there should be a wifi connection. My phone, laptop, and smart TV can all “connect” to the wifi, but when trying to load something, all three say there is no internet connection.

I do not have the ability to do a hardwire test to the router.

Please help. I am at the end of my rope.

Update: tried connecting through the NightHawk app on my phone and it says the router is disconnected.

Update 2: all lights on the router remain solid white. The app is saying it can no longer find my router.
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: No internet after firmware upgrade and factory reset R7000

Push and hold the wifi on/off button for 2 seconds. 

sometimes that gets hit while people troubleshooting devices. 

Message 2 of 8

Thank you for the reply! I just tried turning the wifi button off and back on and there was no luck. Cannot even find my network in my wifi settings on my iPhone now.
Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

Know anyone with a laptop/pc you can plug into the router to check if its working as well as what its ssid/password is? 

They also make usb/ethernet adapters. 

When you reset, did you push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on? 

If so, the wifi should be the default ssid on the sticker. 

Message 4 of 8

I did reset while it was on and held the button for 15 seconds.

I don’t have a way to hardwire test it, if I have to go out and buy a usb/Ethernet port I might as well just exchange the router and go with Google Nest
Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Have you tried using a different device?

Not sure what else to tell you. there limited ways in which we can help if you're not willing to hardwire into it and you can't connect via wireless. 

Message 6 of 8

Ugh I’m an idiot and forgot the network name would be reset after resetting the router. Not my brightest day. Things are back up and running after the reset for 15 seconds and making sure I’m connecting to the default network name!
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

Glad you got it back up and running!

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements