Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Problem with Wifi on all Apple Devices on my Network

Billabong12789
Initiate

Problem with Wifi on all Apple Devices on my Network

Hello Everyone, A few days ago I started to experience WIFI issues on my Home Network with only APPLE DEVICES We have One MacBook Pro 2012, two IPhone 6+s and also a windows PC all running WIFI on a Netgear R7000 Nighthawk (Comcast ISP). The windows PC is working perfectly fine full internet access no issues at at... The IPhones and Mac are the problem... They will not connect to the app store and safari keeps displaying websites not loading images correctly, this also happens in the app store when I can get it to connect and in apps like Istagram and facebook on the Iphones. some images keep showing up with only question marks where images are supposed to be on the iphones and Macbook... Furthermore other times Safari displays the message "safari cannot connect to server" I have tried resetting the router to default settings, Tried resetting the network settings on the IPhones as well, I I have also tried a different router and nothing has worked. Let me also add that I have tried hard resets on the Modem and router.
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
Billabong12789
Initiate

Hi everyone I believe, my problem is FIXED. I had IPV6 disabled. I enabled it set it to auto detect and it has seemed to fix the problem. As far as WMM is concerned my IPHONE 6+ will not work correctly without it enabled. Very disappointed with these recent apple products never been a fan but the rest of my family is. I hope this HELPS

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 11

All Replies
ppLuiGui
Aspirant

Did you fix the issue? i have the exact same problem, i have several devices connected over wifi with no problems, but my Macbook pro (mid 2014) and my Iphone 6+ well i sometimes cannot connect to appstore, youtube videos stop playing and stuff like that its annoying!, if i connect my Macbook over ethernet then i have no problems any suggestions?
Message 2 of 11
Babylon5
NETGEAR Employee Retired

A different router but seemingly related issue;

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=94677

Are wireless drivers up to date? What versions are in use?
Message 3 of 11
MatM
Guide

with apple devices there are many problems if WMM is enabled for Wireless. You can google it. Try to disable WMM and test again. you can also read here :) https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2398063?start=30
Message 4 of 11
RogerSC
Virtuoso

If you don't have WMM enabled, you are limiting your wireless speed to below 54Mbps, including the apple clients. I have several apple mobile devices (iPhone's and iPad's) that can use speeds way over 54Mbpsp, but no laptops, and always have had WMM enabled. No problems that I haven't been able to resolve with WMM enabled, but, again, don't have any apple laptops.

I wouldn't turn off WMM, myself. If you do, you're defeating the wireless-AC capability on the 5GHz. band. Unless you only do it on 2.4GHz. band, and don't care about not having even wireless-N speeds there (up to 450Mbps).
Message 5 of 11
Billabong12789
Initiate

Hi everyone I believe, my problem is FIXED. I had IPV6 disabled. I enabled it set it to auto detect and it has seemed to fix the problem. As far as WMM is concerned my IPHONE 6+ will not work correctly without it enabled. Very disappointed with these recent apple products never been a fan but the rest of my family is. I hope this HELPS
Message 6 of 11
rishabhmalhotra
Initiate

I cannot recieve notifications on my iPhone if I am connected to internet via WiFi. My model is DGN2200v4. I recieve notofications when I open the app, lime whatsapp. I can neither make FaceTime call nor send an iMessage when I am on my network. Though I was able to send on different WiFi and on mobile data. Please give me some solution to this.
Message 7 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello rishabhmalhotra

You may need to open some ports on the DGN2200v4 here is a article form apple on this.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203609

DarrenM

Message 8 of 11
rishabhmalhotra
Initiate

Where should I enter these ports? In Port Forwarding/Triggering or in Firewall Rules?

Message 9 of 11
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

rishabhmalhotra

In the port forwarding

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/24046

DarrenM

Message 10 of 11
bugmenot2
Apprentice

I had a similar issue with a Netgear wndr3700v2 with a Arris sb60141 cable modem, with an Xfinity connection. The ipv6 tip did not work, but setting the router to be the DHCP server, instead of getting up addresses from Comcast did.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 9 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7