Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung Blu-ray player says the HTTP port is disabled

Stix18
Aspirant

Samsung Blu-ray player says the HTTP port is disabled

I keep getting a http port disabled message. I've have set the ip and dns manually and used dhcp. I've set dns manually only with same result. I haven't been able to update firmware through USB. I never get the option through software update on the bd-d5100/za. It only wants to use the internet to update. The unit sees the USB if I view devices.
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Samsung Blu-ray player says the HTTP port is disabled

Something to contact Samsung about in regards to there product. 

Message 2 of 10
Stix18
Aspirant

There was another thread with the same issue. I tried everything in that thread. The blu-ray works. I just can't connect it to the internet.
Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to contact Samsung for help and information about in regards to there product. 

Message 4 of 10

Your "footer" says A7000. That is a WiFi USB Adapter. These don't work on "smart" TVs.

Depending on your Samsung player, you can either use wifi or wired Ethernet to connect to the Internet.

In my case,I find Powerline Ethernet to be more reliable and easier to set up than wifi.

Message 5 of 10
Stix18
Aspirant

It's a typo. I believe it's a AC7000. Definitely a Nighthawk 1900. I was finally able to update the firmware but still can't connect via a wired connection using methods used in the other thread.
Message 6 of 10
Stix18
Aspirant

It's a typo. I believe it's a AC7000. Definitely a Nighthawk 1900. I was finally able to update the firmware but still can't connect via a wired connection using methods used in the other thread. It's a Samsung blu-ray player that can't connect. I have other devices connected (wired and wireless) to it without issues connecting to the internet.
Message 7 of 10

@Stix18 wrote:
I believe it's a AC7000. Definitely a Nighthawk 1900.

Neither of those is a Netgear model number.

AC7000 does not exist.

Nighthawk 1900 is meaningless.There is no such thing as a an R1900. D1900 or C1900. They would be model numbers.

AC1900, if that is what you mean, is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

Look at the label on the device for the model number.

...still can't connect via a wired connection using methods used in the other thread. It's a Samsung blu-ray player that can't connect. I have other devices connected (wired and wireless) to it without issues connecting to the internet.

I have no idea what "other thread" you looked at. But when something "can't connect" (how? wifi? wired?), while other things can, that is a pretty good sign that the problem is with the device that refuses to connect. Your Samsung device. As @FURRYe38 said early on, you'll have to ask Samsung for help with that.

We still don't know what you have on your network.

Message 8 of 10
joubert23
Aspirant

@Stix18 wrote:
I keep getting a http port disabled message. I've have set the ip and dns manually and used dhcp. I've set dns manually only with same result. I haven't been able to update firmware through USB. I never get the option through software update on the bd-d5100/za. It only wants to use the internet to update. The unit sees the USB if I view devices.

Model: D6000|AC750 WiFi Modem Router - 802.11ac Dual Band Gigabit
Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

And? 

You gave us nothing to go off.
To get a hold of support. Click on "MyNetgear" at the top.
Register an account (or login) and then the device.
From there you can start the support process. Keep in mind that its only free for the first 90 days.
There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

@joubert23 

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7