Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wireless network suddenly turns "off"

NightFalcon
Aspirant

Wireless network suddenly turns "off"

I have a Netgear Nighthawk R7000, which I have been using for a while now with no problems. But recently, the wifi network just dissapeared. The wifi network of the default ISP modem I have works fine; but the Netgear network does not. I used a remote access link to access the GUI (usually reached at routerlogin.net), and it says that the internet connection is "good," but the Wireless is "off."  It does not offer an option to turn it back on. I have the latest firmware.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: It seems this guy had an identical issue (Here), but I'm hoping I could fix it without restoring the router to default settings, which he did.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
storm1985
Prodigy

Re: Wireless network suddenly turns "off"

try these:

disable Arlo (Basic > Arlo)

disable then enable Wireless router Radio (Advanced > Advanced Settings > Wireless settings) 

if still not working then reset is needed

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

If you have not reset the router yet after the latest fw update please reset the unit then manually reconfigure the settings. 

If you do not need the new features of the latest fw you may downgrade to v1.0.4.30

Message 2 of 4
NightFalcon
Aspirant

I highly doubt that would help, since this problem materialized before I upgraded to the latest firmware. (I was able to upgrade the firmware using the remote access link.)

Message 3 of 4
storm1985
Prodigy

try these:

disable Arlo (Basic > Arlo)

disable then enable Wireless router Radio (Advanced > Advanced Settings > Wireless settings) 

if still not working then reset is needed

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7