Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Bryant Connex thermostat won't connect to Rbk753s

titaniumrx8
Apprentice

Bryant Connex thermostat won't connect to Rbk753s

The Bryant Connex thermostat is the same as Carrier Infinity and only works at 2.4ghz. Had no issues connecting to the Netgear Nighthawk which I replaced with the Orbi.

Suggestion on this forum to change RTS/CTS to 2457 worked for a couple of minutes but the thermostat got IP address of ".2" which conflicted with the Satellite which was also at the reserved address of ".2". (The IP conflict knocked the satellite off the network but the thermostat stayed online)

I reserved the address of ".32" for the thermostat, rebooted everything and tried again after setting the ".32" address in the thermostat's settings. Haven't been able to connect since.

With the nighthawk, I used a lot of reserved addresses for stationary, dumb devices and never had any issues. If I can't resolve the thermostat issues I'll return the Orbi and go back to the Nighthawk.

PS, After taking a break for a awhile, the thermostat came back online without further intervention. This time, it's a  IP .3, which conflicts with the other satellite. So far, everything is still working, but, if I try log into the web page for that satellite, I get a time out error. The router has ignored the IP reservations that have been entered.

Assistance Please.

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Bryant Connex thermostat won't connect to Rbk753s

Try disabling AX mode on 2.4Ghz:

AXMode.png

Message 2 of 4
titaniumrx8
Apprentice

It appears that I was setting up the Orbi during a week when the Bryant servers were crashing frequently. Things stabilized a few days ago.

Now I can try reverting some of the settings to see if I can get better performance. On my old Nighthawk,  the read/write across the network to my  NAS (wired or wireless) was consistently 100+MBs, with the Orbi, it's only 40Mbs.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements