Reply
Highlighted
Aspirant

How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

I just migrated from having two Pakedge Access Points. for a 5,800 sq. ft. house to a AX6000 Orbi Mesh system. So far I am very happy with the stability and strength. However to better manage the devices connected I used to be able to see on the Pakedge software the Wifi strength for each device, so if there was an issue I could either move the device or the Access Point. The Netgear software to manage devices seems way too basic. I was unable to set my Orbi as the main router passing though an AT&T Gateway and maybe that's where you do that, but I doubt it. I tried with all the help I found, but then I would have lost other things I wasn't willing to lose for the control of my home network.

Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

 


@TrueNet wrote:

 However to better manage the devices connected I used to be able to see on the Pakedge software the Wifi strength for each device, so if there was an issue I could either move the device or the Access Point. The Netgear software to manage devices seems way too basic.


AFAIK currently there's no way to check the single wireless device signal strength in the Orbi AX web GUI or app.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
Highlighted
Sensei

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

Alas, people who participate on this community forum typically have the WiFi5 Orbi system, not the new WiFi6.  There is a community forum specifically for that product line: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

You are likely to get a more informed response by posting in that forum.

I love my Orbi.
Message 2 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

You can load wifi analyzer apps on pads. WiFi Sweet Spots app as well to check speeds between the device and source AP.


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 3 of 7
Highlighted
Luminary

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

 


@TrueNet wrote:

 However to better manage the devices connected I used to be able to see on the Pakedge software the Wifi strength for each device, so if there was an issue I could either move the device or the Access Point. The Netgear software to manage devices seems way too basic.


AFAIK currently there's no way to check the single wireless device signal strength in the Orbi AX web GUI or app.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?


@CrimpOn wrote:

Alas, people who participate on this community forum typically have the WiFi5 Orbi system, not the new WiFi6.  There is a community forum specifically for that product line: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/bd-p/en-home-orbi-ax 

You are likely to get a more informed response by posting in that forum.


Where am I?  I thought this was the AX forum!

---------------
My Equipment: Cox Cable (350Mb/35Mb), Orbi AX6000 (RBR850, RBS850), w/2 x RBS50) (Wired backhaul), NG GS116PP Gigabit Smart Switch, Synology DS1019+ NAS
Message 5 of 7
Highlighted
Sensei

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

You are in the correct forum.  I was confused.  I do not post often in the AX forum, so 99% of the notices I get in my email relate to posts in the WiFi5 forum.  It was sloppy of me not to read more carefully.

 

Sorry.

I love my Orbi.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Guru

Re: How can I see the wireless signal strength of connected devices to Orbi?

Nothing confused. The OP orignally posted this over in the Orbi AC forum. IT was moved just today to the Orbi AX forum. 


@CrimpOn wrote:

You are in the correct forum.  I was confused.  I do not post often in the AX forum, so 99% of the notices I get in my email relate to posts in the WiFi5 forum.  It was sloppy of me not to read more carefully.

 

Sorry.


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>XR450 v2.3.2.106(Router Mode)>RBK853 v3.2.11.2(AP Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, RBK853, R7800, R7960P,
EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 363 views
  • 2 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements