Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Orbi RBR 750 does not connect to Epson Workforce 545 Printer

Pablo1601
Aspirant

Orbi RBR 750 does not connect to Epson Workforce 545 Printer

I've made several attempts to connect my Epson Workforce 545 to my Orbi network but cannot connect.  Is there a way I can connect?

Message 1 of 16

Accepted Solutions
Steve1Ski
Initiate

Re: Orbi RBR 750 does not connect to Epson Workforce 545 Printer

Thanks for the advice Mikey94025.

.My Epson Artisan 837 connected right up (Orbi RBR 750 ) once I followed this step:

1. Set CTS/RTS threshold for 2.4Ghz to 2347 in Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings.

Best regards,

Steve1Ski

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 16

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

It is sort of awkward now that people are buying the new "AX" Orbi's to point out that Netgear has a community forum specifically for those products: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-Pro-WiFi-for-Small-Business/bd-p/en-business-pro-wifi 

Searching for "orbi forum" brings you here, where we all have the "original Orbi".  Besides the obvious envy, we have no experience with the AX products.  You will probably get much better advice by posting in that forum.

Because connecting printers should be very similar no matter which Orbi is involved, can you describe at what point in the process "things break down?"  Looking at "Connection Options" in the installation guide, where does it fail?

https://files.support.epson.com/pdf/wf545_/wf545_bb.pdf 

Message 2 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@Pablo1601 wrote:

I've made several attempts to connect my Epson Workforce 545 to my Orbi network but cannot connect.  Is there a way I can connect?

Message 3 of 16
ak45
Aspirant

I'm having same problem, RBR750 orbi wifi is not connecting to Epson Workforce 635 Printer. I have tried changing the channel for 2.4 Ghz from Auto to 11 and 6, but still printer is not connecting to wifi. Tried WPS push button method as well as manual, nothing is working. Please let me know if anyone knows hor to fix this issue. Printer was working fine on old router.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 4 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Try disabling AX mode on 2.4Ghz. 

Try setting CTS values from 64 to 2347, Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings...

@ak45 wrote:

I'm having same problem, RBR750 orbi wifi is not connecting to Epson Workforce 635 Printer. I have tried changing the channel for 2.4 Ghz from Auto to 11 and 6, but still printer is not connecting to wifi. Tried WPS push button method as well as manual, nothing is working. Please let me know if anyone knows hor to fix this issue. Printer was working fine on old router.

Message 5 of 16
Mikey94025
Hero

Try each of these (in order):

1. Set CTS/RTS threshold for 2.4Ghz to 2347 in Advanced... Advanced... Wireless Settings.
  2. Turn of AX mode for 2.4Ghz in Advanced... Setup... Wireless Setup.
  3. Try changing your wireless security to "WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]" in Advanced... Setup... Wireless Setup.
    • If this works, this is not an ideal workaround because you are degrading the security of all your wireless devices just to support a 10-year-old wireless printer.  Now may be a good time to upgrade your old printer to one that supports the latest and most secure wireless protocols.
    • Do you recall what security setting your old router was using? It may not have been WPA2-AES but instead "WPA2-PSK (TKIP)".

Message 6 of 16
Pablo1601
Aspirant

All,

Thanks for the recommendations and posts regarding my problem with Epson Workforce 545.  I initially had a conflict with my AT&T modem and ORBI 750 router that precluded my printer from printing and scanning.  The conflict occurred because my printer was using an AT&T generated address provided by the modem.  I corrected the problem by resetting my printer and applying an ORBI generated address.  Thanks much.

Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Glald you got it working.

Regarding modems with built in routers, This would be a double NAT (two router) condition which isn't recommended. https://kb.netgear.com/30186/What-is-Double-NAT
https://kb.netgear.com/30187/How-to-fix-issues-with-Double-NAT
Couple of options,
1. Configure the modem for transparent bridge or modem only mode. Then use the Orbi router in router mode. You'll need to contact the ISP for help and information in regards to the modem being bridged correctly.
2. If you can't bridge the modem, disable ALL wifi radios on the modem, configure the modems DMZ/ExposedHost or IP Pass-Through for the IP address the Orbi router gets from the modem. Then you can use the Orbi router in Router mode.
3. Or disable all wifi radios on the modem and connect the Orbi router to the modem, configure AP mode on the Orbi router. https://kb.netgear.com/31218/How-do-I-configure-my-Orbi-router-to-act-as-an-access-point and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7LOcJ8GdDo&app=desktop 

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Pablo1601 wrote:

All,

Thanks for the recommendations and posts regarding my problem with Epson Workforce 545.  I initially had a conflict with my AT&T modem and ORBI 750 router that precluded my printer from printing and scanning.  The conflict occurred because my printer was using an AT&T generated address provided by the modem.  I corrected the problem by resetting my printer and applying an ORBI generated address.  Thanks much.

Message 8 of 16
skeelo
Luminary

As someone that previously dealt with a double NAT, I recommend option two if possible.  It should be the easiest of the three options to execute and retains all of the features of the Orbi instead of being reliant on/ limited to the feature set of your ISP's modem.

I was able to set up option two without any contact with my ISP.  The modem's config capabilities were fairly straight forward once logged in and I had DMZ setup with the Orbi outside and the wireless radios off after a few button clicks.

Good luck.

Message 9 of 16
ak45
Aspirant

Thanks a lot, it worked with the changes you recomended! 

Message 10 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 16
Steve1Ski
Initiate

.My Epson Artisan 837 connected right up (Orbi RBR 750 ) once I followed this step:

Best regards,

Steve1Ski

Message 12 of 16
Pablo1601
Aspirant

Message 13 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad it worked. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Steve1Ski wrote:

Best regards,

Steve1Ski

Message 14 of 16
AWinLA
Aspirant

Thanks for this.  Worked perfectly for me on both my printers (Epson & HP).  I'm a DIYer on home tech but clearly I was in over my head on this issue.  Great to have help.

Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/000062080/How-do-I-back-up-the-configuration-settings-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-System
Enjoy. 📡

@AWinLA wrote:

Thanks for this.  Worked perfectly for me on both my printers (Epson & HP).  I'm a DIYer on home tech but clearly I was in over my head on this issue.  Great to have help.

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7