Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I installed a new Orbi 963 system last week

Greene10
Apprentice

I installed a new Orbi 963 system last week

I installed a new Orbi 963 system last week and also have this problem. Like everyone here nothing nothing I do have helped. I am waiting on a call back from tech support. Did this only start with the latest firmware upgrade?

Message 1 of 16
plemans
Guru

Re: I installed a new Orbi 963 system last week

What problem are you having? 

What firmware version are you on? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to?

Message 2 of 16
Greene10
Apprentice

Trying to turn on Anywhere Access. App version is 2.20.1.9 and the firmware version is V6.0.3.85_3.1.15. All are up to date plus tried ALL of the things here. Still app is saying "something went wrong try again".

Message 3 of 16
plemans
Guru

1. there's a newer version of firmware. It can be found here: 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/New-RBRE960-RBSE960-Firmware-Version...

2. If you're on apple/ios make sure that icloud relay and private mac/ip address are both disabled

3. what modem/gateway is the router connected to?

Message 4 of 16
Greene10
Apprentice

I will try the suggestions. Modem is a Spectrum HITRON 2.5 Gigabit.

Message 5 of 16
Greene10
Apprentice

Still not working after trying the suggestions. THE BOTTOM LINE is Netgear needs to fix the app.
Message 6 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Is the app not connecting while at home on the home work or from a remote location?

Orbi app is working for me on both Android and Apple devices while at home. My 9 series is in AP mode though. I loaded FW this past weekend. 

Be sure your Local Network IS enabled for the orbi app for Apple devices. I saw once this got disabled some how and could not log in while at home. 

Message 7 of 16
Greene10
Apprentice

App is work fine EXCEPT the ANYWHERE ACCESS feature. On local network at home using a iPhone 14.
Message 8 of 16
GOODLACE2
Guide

Mine used to work before upgrading.
At this point I give up. I had few emails with the tech support with no solution. Last email they sent me email to manually downgrade the firmware. I'm not with downgrading when it comes to any firmware lol,learned that from experience.
Message 9 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, will pass this onto NG for review. I believe they are aware of it as other are seeing problems with Anywhere Access on other Orbi systems. 

@Blanca_O @KevinLiT 

@Greene10 wrote:
App is work fine EXCEPT the ANYWHERE ACCESS feature. On local network at home using a iPhone 14.

Message 10 of 16
Greene10
Apprentice

You sound like me regarding the firmware…..been around since Windows 95 lol.
Message 11 of 16
Greene10
Apprentice

Tech support did call me back today. The lady said engineers were aware of the problem.
Message 12 of 16
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @GOODLACE2 ,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand that you are having issues with the Orbi app Anywhere access feature. Turning off the "Private Wi-Fi address" has been proven to resolve this issue. 

Please navigate to the following settings on your iPhone 14 to turn off Private Wi-Fi Address:

• Settings
  • Wi-Fi
  • Tap on the small "i" icon
  • Toggle off "Private Wi-Fi Address"

After toggling off "Private Wi-Fi Address" close the Orbi app then log back into the Orbi app. Connect to your desired device locally then turn on Anywhere Access. 

Please let me know if this helps as soon as possible!

Best,

Kevin

Community Team

Message 13 of 16
GOODLACE2
Guide

Well. Thank you for your response. I have android OS. I been trying to solve this since a while now. I think with expensive mesh like this. We should not be having a problem with something been working and all sudden stopped working. Don't misunderstand me. I like my orbi. Still there is so many options I could went with out there. Oh well.
Message 14 of 16
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Hello @GOODLACE2 ,

Thank you for your reply!

Have you tried navigating to the application storage and clearing both cache and storage for your Orbi app?

Best,

Kevin

Comunity Team

Message 15 of 16
GOODLACE2
Guide

Tried all that. Tried uninstall/install the orbi app. Hard reset the orbi. Manually Upgrading firmware to the latest version. Updating the app. Tried to go to the older version of the app. The same.
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7